Mautic Community Forums

SMTP Being Ignored

I’ve successfully configured Mautic to send via Amazon SES. I am able to test the connection and send a test email. Everything looks great. Then when I send campaigns through the “Email” module to lists, they are coming directly from my server and not Amazon SES as if SES is being completely ignored. This is confirmed by looking at the headers of the emails coming in and checking my SES dashboard which shows only 1 email sent (my test from establishing the connection). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve successfully configured Mautic to send via Amazon SES. I am able to test the connection and send a test email. Everything looks great. Then when I send campaigns through the “Email” module to lists, they are coming directly from my server and not Amazon SES as if SES is being completely ignored. This is confirmed by looking at the headers of the emails coming in and checking my SES dashboard which shows only 1 email sent (my test from establishing the connection). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To make sure I understand your problem, emails are being sent, but they are being sent from different server than you configured in Mautic configuration?

If that’s true, the only explanation is that the cache didn’t clear after configuration was saved. Delete app/cache folder manually and test it again.

Also, each email can have different setting like from address and so on. Check if you didn’t configure it there.

It was the cache folder. Once that was deleted I was good as gold. However, now I am able to send email but emails only seem to send for 1 minute after I hit send on the campaign which results in around 100 emails sent out of 34000. Then the system seems to quit sending.

Campaign doesn’t have a send button. Or do they? Can you give me a screen shot?

Sorry about that. Habit has me calling emails as campaigns. I attempted to send an email to a leads list which only sent around 100 emails out of around 34,000 over a time span of 1 minute and then stopped sending. My AmazonSES account is able to send 14/second and 50,000 emails per 24 hour period.

All cron jobs are configured and working though the email cron never shows any email in the queue. I tried sending the email in batches of 100, 1000 and 35000. All batch amounts yielded the same result. In all instances the email sat trying to send for hours and didn’t move past it’s initial minute.

By the way, I’d like to say the response on these forms is second to none! Thank you so much for your help! I hope to be able to contribute as well as I become more familiar with the product.

Could you check Mautic logs (app/logs folder) and server logs if there is some error message which could point out what’s wrong?

[2015-09-25 00:09:19] mautic.ERROR: Fatal: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded - in file /home/admin/web/domain/public_html/vendor/swiftmailer/swiftmailer/lib/classes/Swift/KeyCache/DiskKeyCache.php - at line 212 [] []

This is the error that was produced.

I changed the max execution time in PHP to 3600 seconds and now I am receiving the following error from Amazon:

“554 Transaction failed: MIME section count exceeds 100”

Research via Google returns a plethora of possibilities but nothing that lends an idea as to the issue yet.

I just wanted to make sure I updated this thread. This issue has been resolved. A server upgrade and PHP version upgrade seemed to fix the issue. We migrated all of the data to completely up-to-date environment.