SparkPost Test Send Issue

Can someone explain to me how to properly set up SparkPost to work with Mautic?

I got my sending domain set up and verified in SparkPost, got an API key, and mautic “test connection” is successful. However, test send yield the following error message:

Quote:
{ "errors": [ { "message": "Invalid domain", "description": "Unconfigured Sending Domain ", "code": "7001" } ] } Log data: !! { "errors": [ { "message": "Invalid domain", "description": "Unconfigured Sending Domain ", "code": "7001" } ] } (code: 0)
!! { "errors": [ { "message": "Invalid domain", "description": "Unconfigured Sending Domain ", "code": "7001" } ] } (code: 0)

Did I miss something? What other set up steps I need to do in SparkPost I need to do in order for this to work?

Thanks!

Can someone explain to me how to properly set up SparkPost to work with Mautic?

I got my sending domain set up and verified in SparkPost, got an API key, and mautic “test connection” is successful. However, test send yield the following error message:

[quote]{ “errors”: [ { “message”: “Invalid domain”, “description”: "Unconfigured Sending Domain ", “code”: “7001” } ] } Log data: !! { “errors”: [ { “message”: “Invalid domain”, “description”: "Unconfigured Sending Domain ", “code”: “7001” } ] } (code: 0)
!! { “errors”: [ { “message”: “Invalid domain”, “description”: "Unconfigured Sending Domain ", “code”: “7001” } ] } (code: 0)[/quote]

Did I miss something? What other set up steps I need to do in SparkPost I need to do in order for this to work?

Thanks!

I had the same issue and found the problem and fix. I was trying to change the FROM email address in Mautic and Sparkpost won’t accept email addresses from domains that haven’t been verified.

For example, if you verified domain, mydomain.com in Sparkpost but tried to send an email from me@differentdomain.com, you will get the error message mentioned in your first post. I should have known this because Amazon SES does the same thing.

If your issue is caused by the same problem mentioned above, just verify the domain(s) you want to send as the FROM email and everything should be okay

@renegademarketer thanks for the tip, I will give it a try!

@renegademarketer It worked! So the “From” email address has to match the verified domain in SparkPost.

A follow up question for you: now I have set it up to send via SparkPost, what other settings I need to configure to handle “bounces” and “unsubscribes” in Mautic and SparkPost?

That is a really good topic. Need the answers as well…

Hi, take a look at the documentation at https://mautic.org/docs/en/emails/bounce_management.html#sparkpost-webhook

It shows how to monitor bounces for email sent by SparkPost

Hi @menolo , good tip, thanks!
If you don’t mind, a follow up question: (once again, the mautic documentation falls short)
How do you set up OAuth 2.0 for this webhook?

What is blank?

[quote=18229:@menolo]Hi, take a look at the documentation at https://mautic.org/docs/en/emails/bounce_management.html#sparkpost-webhook

It shows how to monitor bounces for email sent by SparkPost[/quote]
I also want to clarify:
Since this is a webhook running on SparkPost servers, I do NOT need to enable a webhook cron job on my server for this, correct?