STMP issues with InMotion Hosting

I have a fresh install of Mautic 2.3.0, Release Date : 30-11-2016. It’s self-hosted on a shared server at InMotion Hosting.

I set InMotion Hosting SMTP server. Test emails from the email configuration screen are received. However all other emails are not. I can see the messages show up in Mautic’s queue folder on my server. Then when the Cron hits the message goes away, but it’s never received.

If I set Mautic to use Gmail SMTP it works fine. So I contacted InMotion tech support. They tell me that their SMTP requires emails meet some basic requirements such as have an authenticated sender, a subject, a body, etc. I tried sending a test email while he watched the SMTP logs. He could see the authentication and the STMP port was opened, but it didn’t receive a valid or properly formatted email from Mautic. Here’s the SMTP log from that test. Private info masked x.x.x.x.

2016-12-09 18:59:02 [257488] no MAIL in SMTP connection from biz214.inmotionhosting.com ([127.0.0.1]) [x.x.x.x]:50037 I=[x.x.x.x]:465 D=0s A=dovecot_login:me@mydomain.com X=TLSv1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=no SNI=“secure214.inmotionhosting.com” C=EHLO,AUTH,QUIT

Apparently the “no MAIL in SMTP connection” is the critical part. Their SMTP server just isn’t seeing a valid email file. I asked why Gmail could handle it and he wasn’t sure. Maybe they’re “filling in something that’s missing”.

So again I’m stuck with not being able to use Mautic. I could use the Gmail server, but that’s not a long term solution. Does anyone know where I might go to get help with this issue?

I have a fresh install of Mautic 2.3.0, Release Date : 30-11-2016. It’s self-hosted on a shared server at InMotion Hosting.

I set InMotion Hosting SMTP server. Test emails from the email configuration screen are received. However all other emails are not. I can see the messages show up in Mautic’s queue folder on my server. Then when the Cron hits the message goes away, but it’s never received.

If I set Mautic to use Gmail SMTP it works fine. So I contacted InMotion tech support. They tell me that their SMTP requires emails meet some basic requirements such as have an authenticated sender, a subject, a body, etc. I tried sending a test email while he watched the SMTP logs. He could see the authentication and the STMP port was opened, but it didn’t receive a valid or properly formatted email from Mautic. Here’s the SMTP log from that test. Private info masked x.x.x.x.

2016-12-09 18:59:02 [257488] no MAIL in SMTP connection from biz214.inmotionhosting.com ([127.0.0.1]) [x.x.x.x]:50037 I=[x.x.x.x]:465 D=0s A=dovecot_login:me@mydomain.com X=TLSv1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:128 CV=no SNI=“secure214.inmotionhosting.com” C=EHLO,AUTH,QUIT

Apparently the “no MAIL in SMTP connection” is the critical part. Their SMTP server just isn’t seeing a valid email file. I asked why Gmail could handle it and he wasn’t sure. Maybe they’re “filling in something that’s missing”.

So again I’m stuck with not being able to use Mautic. I could use the Gmail server, but that’s not a long term solution. Does anyone know where I might go to get help with this issue?