Testing Config?

Is there a way to test Mautic’s various configurations and functions without actually sending to a big segment? Is there a way to fake a big segment with thousands of contacts, and to run tests against that segment without actually spamming thousands of contacts?

Is there a way to test Mautic’s various configurations and functions without actually sending to a big segment? Is there a way to fake a big segment with thousands of contacts, and to run tests against that segment without actually spamming thousands of contacts?

I’d like to do some campaign configuration and test, too, without actually using my contacts as guinea pigs… How can I test any of this wonderful automation without using a live list?

Why not just create a test segment and add yourself (and maybe a friend or two) to see if it works?

@tpsmktg, I was thinking the same thing.

Create a super simple email drip campaign; 3 emails over 3 days with just the words “first email…” along with an image, “second email…”, etc. Create a new, non-public blank page populated with a pop-up with basic email and name fields which are tied ed to the email drip campaign. Create 2 free dummy email accounts, access that page, fill out the form using those email addresses and see what happens.

You’ll be able to monitor the email accounts to see if anything is marked spam and to ensure that all of the emails are delivered correctly.

That will prevent your contacts from being emailed and allow you to do even further testing, such as assigning points to the user, adding them to a new campaign, and anything else you want.

I’ve been testing to a group of two contacts. But I’m seeing some indications of failure at scale. Just a quick instance, when sending to a segment of 2, the sending progress bar works fine. When sending to 18,000+, the progress bar never appears, the message says don’t move away from this page or some might get dupes, but I can’t tell when it’s done of if it even started. (It is actually sending, I just have no visual clue.)

That’s just a simple question where different list size presents different results that make me wonder how to test this thing at scale, with multiple decision points and triggers, etc…, without actually using a live list. I guess I’m wondering how to locally spoof smtp so Mautic thinks it’s sending…