Thrive Leads - API Connection - Empty Mailing Lists

OK, running 1.95.14 Thrive Leads and Mautic 2.7.1… I have followed Adam’s instructions to the letter… API connection works (and tested). Yet, when I build the form and try to connect to Mautic via API, My “Choose your mailing list:” list is empty. None of the mautic segments are in the list. This is on a hostgator server and I’m fairly confident there’s an issue on the server. The API connection didn’t work until they added my IP to a whitelist for mod_security so I’m thinking there’s something else that needs to be tweaked on the server for the Rest API call to return data.

Anyone else ever have this problem? API connection tests but the segments don’t show up in the list of mailing lists?

Steve

OK, running 1.95.14 Thrive Leads and Mautic 2.7.1… I have followed Adam’s instructions to the letter… API connection works (and tested). Yet, when I build the form and try to connect to Mautic via API, My “Choose your mailing list:” list is empty. None of the mautic segments are in the list. This is on a hostgator server and I’m fairly confident there’s an issue on the server. The API connection didn’t work until they added my IP to a whitelist for mod_security so I’m thinking there’s something else that needs to be tweaked on the server for the Rest API call to return data.

Anyone else ever have this problem? API connection tests but the segments don’t show up in the list of mailing lists?

Steve

@Slbailey
Could it also be that Mautic is just a nicely polished turd?
Well, check out these threads and decide for yourself:
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/7236-any-mautic-version-that-doesn-t-end-with-9-is-not-fit-for-use-i
https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/6869-goodbye-mautic-huge-discrepancy-terribly-inaccurate-page-hit-tr

The first one was started by me, the second one contains posts from people who used to be enthusiastic contributors to the Mautic community (until they realized that Mautic is just a nicely polished turd).

Is that using oauth1 or oauth2? Are you using hostgator as well? What could mod security possibly be blocking simply making a rest API call? The tech last night said he saw nothing in the mod security logs. I will try again today.

Anyone else have any ideas? I am still getting a blank mailing list using the API connection (using oAuth1 and oAuth2)…

By the way, I’ve tried rebuilding both my wordpress install and mautic on AWS hosted servers and got the same result so as much as I would like to blame hostgator, I think it’s something else.

I am also having the same problem … by oauth1 and oauth2…

All configurations were made from both the mautic and thrive leads.

I’m waiting for some help.

Problem solved…

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/3305

What type of report is this: Bug report

Description:

When I first installed Mautic 2.5.1, (clean install–first experience with Mautic) ThriveLeads could not retrieve list of segments after clicking “Connect with service.” API connect was correctly set up and could be tested. Chrome inspector confirmed that AJAX call from Thrive to pull segments was made and returned an Http 200, but no segment data. Once I deleted the contents of [mautic install dir]/app/cache, the problem vanished and Thrive worked as expected.

If a bug:

Mautic version 1.5.1
PHP version 7

Steps to reproduce:

New installation of Mautic 2.5.1 with 2,100 imported contacts, 5 segments, and a handful of email/form test records.
New installation of ThriveLeads plugin into Wordpress v4.7.1 site installed in root domain, where Mautic is installed in subdomain. ThriveLeads plugin v1.95.7 or previous (upgrade came out while debugging this issue)
Set up and test API connection between Thrive and Mautic. Connection should pass test.
Now, create a Thrive lead form, and when you click “Connect to Service” select the Mautic API. No segments are pulled in.
Use Chrome inspect function to observe AJAX call made when “Refresh” button is clicked. Note on “Network” tab that call is made and returns an HTTP 200, but no data is returned (Response appears to be an html snippet with no option values set).
Now, using cPanel File Manage, delete contents of [mautic install dir]/app/cache.
Retry “Connect to service” refresh within Thrive and segment list is now retrieved.
This appears to be some edge condition that didn’t get tested. Why would anything in the cache of a brand new install prevent the API from returning data?

Thanks.