To trigger a lead capture Campaign is a segmet assignment all that is required?

Your software
My PHP version is :7.3
*My MySQL/MariaDB version is *MySQL

Your problem
My problem is : I have built a lead capture form using the basic Mautic form builder.
I have set an action on the form to place the lead in a segment. I was under the impression that when a lead was captured it would place the lead in the segment and that would auto trigger the campaign assigned to that segment. Meaning the campaign would auto run any time a lead was sent to that segement assigned to receive leads from that form.

Should that campaign auto run on each lead. (set to immediatley) or is there another trigger I must set off…

More detail.
Contact added to segment, GS
Segment membership change Today, 8:33 am

Shows that the contact was in fact added to the segment GS

Then first line of the Campaign… the Segment is associated with the campaign i want to run.

Contact Source
Contacts that are members of the selected segments will be automatically added to this campaign.

Contact segments GS

So its saying that the contact that just populated my GS segemnt will be added to this campaign… but the campaign will not run…

Crons look ok… and I am on Immediate…

Steps I have tried to fix the problem :

Hi,
You can start a campaign with a form as well. (Segments also fine, just giving you heads up.)
What is: “Contact segments GS” ?

Plz write down here what is the first step of the campaign or share the layout.
Thx.

Thanks for the response Joeyk you are one of the few we can always depend on. Really appreciate your efforts.

Would love to see the procedure for starting a campaign using the form itself…

Contact segments GS = that is secret code for a Gated Segment (GS) which is the same an the Tommytx Segment… which this problem is using… but I have given a full detailed breakdown at http://crontest.xyz/crontest/tommy.htm which shows all my Campaign modules from start to finish…looks like it does not accomplish much and it does not its just a learning scenario…The top part shows the campaign and the bottom shows exactly how its broke down…
The log on the contact shows the following happening like clock work…

1. Contact is added to the db…
  2. Contact is placed in the proper segment but the campaign never starts… I waited and monitored the firig of the Campaign trigger but the actual campaign never started… which does not make sense as my broker has campaignls running on this same system and I simply cannot see any difference between his and mine… We have it rigged for agents to have their accounts on the master and it seems to work fine… but I have tampered with this specific campaign and just cannot get it to run…

Again… if you have a few min… also pls give the details of setting off a campaign using the form vice the segment… I want to get both working. if possible…but if i cannot get the segment to fire it… then i will settle for the form doing it…
I would also love to know how to send a segment thru the api once the contact is onboard to fire off the campaign…
The attached URL should answer all your questions and then some… Thanks in advance.

Hi, can you show this part?

Based on this we can see where it’s stuck

Its stuck the instant it assigns the lead to the Campaign… so as you can see once the Tommytx segment tells it to fire the Campaign… it goes no further so NO decisions are made… the Campaign does not run…

1. So No points are assigned to the contact: No action
  2. So the owner never changes… No action
  3. So no tags are added… No action… not on campaign step is done…and I have checked to see that the crons all seem to be working.

As I was aggravating my boss with so much testing. I am in the process of moving the Mautic to a directory on my site… named /Mautic and even though the same cron was working there simply adding /Mautic in the path has stopped all crons… so trying to resolve that now… will make that a new thread if it keeps giving me a fit…
There should be nothing to do to the cron but change the path to the added /Mautic…for the subdirectory…
As yu can see above the Campaign never starts…

What happens if you run campaign update and campaign trigger by hand in ssh? What is the output?
That should move the contacts between steps.
Joey

Thanks Joey, i will try that as soon as I get to the bottom of a worse problem… as it appears intermittent… since i was monitoring the firing of all crons via my email… about the same time this campaign failed to run I began to get an error I reported in a recent post… It appears that the cron may have become intermittent… and was failing with the complaint:
not able to find and load the huge file that is reqd for a cron to run… seems i have to solve that problem before i can solve this one… and they may be one and the same problem… So at the moment i am on my thread…trying to track down the file fail to load…not allowing crons to run… I will get back to you on this question as soon as possible… also will go grab that post number for ref here… Thanks as always.

The post that has me stopped from working on this post right now is located at Is this a common error that someone is familiar with

It is a fail to load for php_fileinfo.dll and searching the fourum is one of the most frequent problems out there… and now that it is a solid problem I can no longer run crons at all so am concentrating there… looks like many things to follow… to fix this… so if you have any new ideas let me know… I will be trying whatever the searches show that I should…

Are you trying to update your maxmind database this way?

No I am not working with Maxmind DB in any way as I am just studying using a simple form via the form segment setup to fire a very simple campaign. Not even sure if the maxmind DB is even set up or working… if its not working would that affect the basic ops… My understanding of the Maxmind is simpley to hold of spiders… and since the site is blocked for expermentation i should not have any spider issues as my htaccess is holding off any traffice but my IP…
At the moment I am reading all of the thousands of comments about others who have had this same problem… php_fileinfo.dll fails to load on campaigns and triggers for Cron.
At the moment checking for all PHP extensions … are they inplace… as I think the php_fileinfo.dll is a php extension… that is a big time importand extension…
There is over 36,000 of these in google: " PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'php_fileinfo.dll" and that is a lot of reading…

So next step is to run the install the extension in PHP for php_fileinfo.dll… dreading this as it is a very long procedural with tons of click to get this extension installed in PHP… did it before…

Hi, I am working on mautic software and I am stuck in one issue that I want to limit the emails to be sent of one specific campaign which is triggered after every 2 minutes. I want to specify number of emails to be sent from each campaign. Looking forwarded to your support. Thank you.

Could you plz open a new thread?
This is not the right topic