Tracking Cookie?

Hi, I tried the tracking cookie feature and it seems to create an anonymous lead with the ipaddress as the name.

I am still trying to understand what sort of data I can get from that tracking? Let’s say I drop that cookie into several ads, web sites, etc…I get a bunch of anonymous leads. Is there some sort of functionality either available or coming where I can get info about where my tracking pixel source was called from? For example, I might want to drop a tracking pixel on a Facebook ad and a google ad which also has a link to my landing page. I see that i got 5 anonymous leads created from that pixel. How can I tell (other than creating separate landing pages) where the lead came from? Since there is only one pixel, how would I distinguish one vs. the other.

Another use case, let’s say that a person clicked on my ad after searching for shoes on Google. He clicks on the landing page, views another page in my product catalog where it’s clear that he likes blue shoes. He comes back tomorrow and registers on my site. I would now like to somehow get the data that we tracked when he was anonymous and write it to his lead record so I can then create lead lists later based upon this data.

Thanks!

Hi, I tried the tracking cookie feature and it seems to create an anonymous lead with the ipaddress as the name.

I am still trying to understand what sort of data I can get from that tracking? Let’s say I drop that cookie into several ads, web sites, etc…I get a bunch of anonymous leads. Is there some sort of functionality either available or coming where I can get info about where my tracking pixel source was called from? For example, I might want to drop a tracking pixel on a Facebook ad and a google ad which also has a link to my landing page. I see that i got 5 anonymous leads created from that pixel. How can I tell (other than creating separate landing pages) where the lead came from? Since there is only one pixel, how would I distinguish one vs. the other.

Another use case, let’s say that a person clicked on my ad after searching for shoes on Google. He clicks on the landing page, views another page in my product catalog where it’s clear that he likes blue shoes. He comes back tomorrow and registers on my site. I would now like to somehow get the data that we tracked when he was anonymous and write it to his lead record so I can then create lead lists later based upon this data.

Thanks!