Mautic Community Forums

Trouble with Segment Filters

I’m setting up a fairly simple campaign for an e-learning site with one large course. My lists have just a handful of segments. Customers can sign up for more product information, for a free trial or they can sign-up for a course. So I have three segments representing those. The checkout for the course and the free trial uses the same form BUT, several fields are hidden on the free trial.



So to direct the sign-ups to the proper segment using filters. I added filters to the free trial that specified that the hidden fields were all empty. That didn’t work. I’ve tried a bunch of variations but cannot get it to work and send the sign-ups to the right segment. I’ve spent literally hours searching and reading but there is very little in the way of tutorials or forum responses about filtering. Exactly how would I go about doing it in this scenario?



Love Mautic otherwise.



Chris Blair

I’m setting up a fairly simple campaign for an e-learning site with one large course. My lists have just a handful of segments. Customers can sign up for more product information, for a free trial or they can sign-up for a course. So I have three segments representing those. The checkout for the course and the free trial uses the same form BUT, several fields are hidden on the free trial.

So to direct the sign-ups to the proper segment using filters. I added filters to the free trial that specified that the hidden fields were all empty. That didn’t work. I’ve tried a bunch of variations but cannot get it to work and send the sign-ups to the right segment. I’ve spent literally hours searching and reading but there is very little in the way of tutorials or forum responses about filtering. Exactly how would I go about doing it in this scenario?

Love Mautic otherwise.

Chris Blair

Anyone have any suggestions on this? In addition to the issue above, campaigns are not triggering either. I’ve worked with the host (Digital Ocean administered by Cloudways) to make sure cron jobs are setup properly; have gone through all configuration settings and done manual testing to confirm that email works and pretty much all other aspects of the installation works. All forms work and pass information cleanly from the website to Mautic. It even appears that one contact form is directed properly by a segment filter. So it looks like another filter setup on another segment is working.

I’m at a loss. I’ve looked at the logs and the only thing in them was some innocuous error messages from the custom crm bundle plugin, which I’ve since removed. So there is nothing in the logs to help here either.

Thanks,
Chris Blair

The segment updates turned out to be an issue with permissions on the server, which are now sorted out. However, I STILL cannot get emails or campaigns to trigger, despite confirming through logs created by the cron jobs that the cron jobs are indeed running as scheduled. Will open a separate thread for that.

Chris Blair

This ended up being a cron job issue. The server I’m on (Digital Ocean) kept changing permissions for some reason and that was causing problems with the cron jobs. Added --force to the end of the problematic jobs and back in business and working as expected.

Chris Blair