Will using the server as the imap host work.

Have a peculiar situation and wondered if anyone else needs to use the same procedure.

In the “Monitored InBox Settings” the only way i can select SSL is to use my server for the imap host when i should be using my email.

For example imap host = pinto.websitewelcomesite.com

My concern is that when i use this the bouces will come back to the server and not to the specific domain that sent them.

Has this been a problem for anyone else… what do you put for imap host… normally i use the domain name that i am transmitting from.

Any suggestions will be appreciated…

Have a peculiar situation and wondered if anyone else needs to use the same procedure.
In the “Monitored InBox Settings” the only way i can select SSL is to use my server for the imap host when i should be using my email.
For example imap host = pinto.websitewelcomesite.com
My concern is that when i use this the bouces will come back to the server and not to the specific domain that sent them.
Has this been a problem for anyone else… what do you put for imap host… normally i use the domain name that i am transmitting from.
Any suggestions will be appreciated…

@tommytx123 - I also replied to your other thread with some additional info that may help.

I use the Monitored Inbox feature. The way I have it set up is as follows:

Email to my contacts get sent from: info@mysite.com
Bounces get sent to: bounce@mysite.com (aka my Monitored Inbox)

As you can see, I created two emails with one of them specifically dedicated to handling bounce messages. You need to use the details for wherever the email is hosted and put them in Mautic. So pretend you were trying to set up your bounce email in Outlook on your computer and use the same inputs (only incoming in this case since no emails will be sent from bounce@mysite.com). Hope that helps. Let me know.

What email service yall use for the monitored inbox? I am on hostgator and the bounces and complaints are piling up in the inbox, but mautic does not seem to be monitoring it. The peeps at hostgator say that the see where the login is successful - but that mautic’s attempt to get past the certificate on a shared host is somehow creating an issue because they use a wildcard certificate. In mautic when I test the credentials I get a “Success!” but it’s not actually monitoring the inbox or updating my contacts. My SMTP is going well with AMazon AWS. Any suggestions? Should I set up a hotmail bounce inbox or something of the sort?

Thanks!
Alaina