Can't Edit Contacts Created by Form

My Mautic version is: 2.16
My PHP version is: 5.6.40

My problem is: I can not edit any contacts created by a form. Mautic seems to function fine other than this. I can manually create contacts and then edit them just fine but if the contact is created via a form then when I click the contact name nothing happens. The form itself seems fine and can trigger other actions such as emails from the form and it does create the contact but then I can’'t edit or update the contact. I have uninstalled, re-installed, multiple times, etc. Still same result. The error log is empty. I am sure that I am just overlooking something simple but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

These errors are showing in the log: no errors shown

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I have uninstalled and reinstalled in a subdomain, directory, etc. same results regardless of install location or procedure. The system is on a vps host on Bluehost.

Thanks in advance
Russ

1 Like

I have the exact same problem. Here’s some more information I found along the way:

• When a contact is created by a form, I can’t access the details view (neither by clicking the contact’s name nor by choosing Details from the contact’s drop down menu)
  • When contact is clicked, Mautic is trying to load something, but stays on the same page (although the page title changes).
  • When I try to Cmd+click the contact (open in a separate tab), it loads a blank HTML page (there are only opening and closing HTML tags). I suspect a database error.
  • The problem persists across multiple forms (I created another form from scratch, same story)
  • The problem persists no matter how I embed the form on the page (I tried both automatic and manual embeds)
  • The contact is properly added through the form and all the automations related to it fire up. I just can’t view the details.
  • I can choose “Edit” from the drop down menu and the edit window appears without a problem.

Please help me pinpoint the issue, it’s driving me mad.

PHP: 7.3.27
Mautic: 3.3.3 (Bitnami VM on Amazon if it matters)

Hi!
Check the logs first.
Settings - System Info - Logs
Joey

Thanks for your reply, @joeyk

I already checked the logs. Can’t see anything suspicious there (I read about the Twitter plugin warnings, don’t know if it’s related). But I appreciate any help you can offer :slight_smile:

[2021-05-05 09:22:05] mautic.NOTICE: Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\SyntaxErrorException: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT COUNT(l.id) as count FROM leads l LEFT JOIN users u ON u.id = l.owner_id WHERE (l.firstname IN ()) AND (l.lastname IN ()) AND (l.twitter IS NULL)':  SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ')) AND (l.lastname IN ()) AND (l.twitter IS NULL)' at line 1 (uncaught exception) at /opt/bitnami/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 79 while running console command `mautic:social:monitoring` [] []
[2021-05-05 09:22:05] mautic.WARNING: Command `mautic:social:monitoring` exited with status code 1 [] []
[2021-05-05 10:22:05] mautic.NOTICE: Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\SyntaxErrorException: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT COUNT(l.id) as count FROM leads l LEFT JOIN users u ON u.id = l.owner_id WHERE (l.firstname IN ()) AND (l.lastname IN ()) AND (l.twitter IS NULL)':  SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ')) AND (l.lastname IN ()) AND (l.twitter IS NULL)' at line 1 (uncaught exception) at /opt/bitnami/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 79 while running console command `mautic:social:monitoring` [] []
[2021-05-05 10:22:05] mautic.WARNING: Command `mautic:social:monitoring` exited with status code 1 [] []
[2021-05-05 11:22:05] mautic.NOTICE: Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\SyntaxErrorException: An exception occurred while executing 'SELECT COUNT(l.id) as count FROM leads l LEFT JOIN users u ON u.id = l.owner_id WHERE (l.firstname IN ()) AND (l.lastname IN ()) AND (l.twitter IS NULL)':  SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near ')) AND (l.lastname IN ()) AND (l.twitter IS NULL)' at line 1 (uncaught exception) at /opt/bitnami/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 79 while running console command `mautic:social:monitoring` [] []
[2021-05-05 11:22:05] mautic.WARNING: Command `mautic:social:monitoring` exited with status code 1 [] []

Can you explain me what

is and why don’t you just click? :slight_smile: (Windows user here)

I did :slight_smile: Cmd+click (open in a separate tab)

Do you have a wordpress running on this instance?
I’m just wondering because some plugins (like wordfence) can cause similar behaviour.
J

Wordpress lives on a separate domain. The form is embedded on a Wordpress page, but I do not have Wordfence plugin (or any other hardening plugin) installed there.