Can't send a segment email

My Mautic version is: v4.4.9
My PHP version is: PHP 7.4.33 (cli) (built: Nov 15 2022 06:03:30) ( NTS )
My Database type and version is: Server version: 5.7.42-46 Percona Server (GPL), Release 46, Revision e1995a8bb71

My problem is:

I created a new email to be sent to all of my subscribers (a newsletter issue) and when I hit the “Send” button I get this message:

This is my email’s configuration:

I don’t know what “the publish Up/Down dates are off” mean. I understand the email category (Newsletter) is published right?

Thanks for your support!

I think my question was answered here… I guess the message I was getting wasn’t really an error though it kinda looks like it :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess in a couple of hours I’ll know what happened.

Thanks!

Ok so I finally was able to send my segment email, not without some trouble… I didn’t manage to have it send automatically, I don’t know why exactly but I think it has to do with the dates configuration.

After a while I decided to send it manually and had a lot of troubles with my SMTP provider, tried different batch sizes but stil… no luck.

Finally I switched to https://mailrelay.com/ which turned out to be much cheaper and easier to use. And even more, I setup my smtp details and completed the sending in one shot with 100 recipients batches.

Thanks everyone and I’m loving Mautic more every minute :slight_smile:

If you ever wonder how email sending works, take a deep dive:

@joeyk thanks for the video, it really helped clarify some things :slight_smile:

I’m still having a hard time getting my head around the publish/unpublish dates though…

My use case is simple (I think). I want to send a broadcast email to all the subscribers who belong to a particular segment on a future date. For instance, I usually write my newsletters one week in advance. If I mark the email as published but also set a publish date to today +7 days and the unpublish to the same day +1 hr, will I achieve my goal?

Thanks!

Your are welcome.
First of all congratulation for the self discipline of writing the newsletter ahead of time :slight_smile:
You need to set the publish date for the future time when the broadcast should happen. If you think the broadcast will be sent within 1 hour, then you can set the unpublish date after 1 hour.
Then click on Publish the email, and click on send. It will be scheduled for send at that time, what you set.
You need to make sure, that your broadcast cron is configured.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.