Can't send emails

Hello,

I’ve setup Mautic on my dev server at home.

I’m using

• Other SMTP Server
  • Queue sending
  • Test connection works
  • Send test mail works as well
  • Cronjobs are all configured to fire every minute (the lead and campaign ones are working)
  • Manually creating leads without tracking/web forms - just a lead for testing.

The log file seems to be quiet (email wise)

If I execute the mail cron manually I can’t see any errors, yet - no mails are being sent.

I create new leads with new campaigns and in the campaign dashboard under: Sent email statuses it says: 1 x no data

All the things look like in the Youtube videos.

First a lead, then a list with this lead (filter by country).

Then a campaign with the Campaign Builder and send mail (creating mail out of the Campaign Builder).

The lead shows up in the campaign after the cron run but the mail is never been sent.

In the mails it shows as being sent 1 time though

Any ideas?

Thanks, Chris

Hello,

I’ve setup Mautic on my dev server at home.
I’m using

• Other SMTP Server
  • Queue sending
  • Test connection works
  • Send test mail works as well
  • Cronjobs are all configured to fire every minute (the lead and campaign ones are working)
  • Manually creating leads without tracking/web forms - just a lead for testing.
    The log file seems to be quiet (email wise)
    If I execute the mail cron manually I can’t see any errors, yet - no mails are being sent.
    I create new leads with new campaigns and in the campaign dashboard under: Sent email statuses it says: 1 x no data

All the things look like in the Youtube videos.
First a lead, then a list with this lead (filter by country).
Then a campaign with the Campaign Builder and send mail (creating mail out of the Campaign Builder).
The lead shows up in the campaign after the cron run but the mail is never been sent.
In the mails it shows as being sent 1 time though

Any ideas?
Thanks, Chris

Exactly same issue here, any idea?

If you switch the email sending from the queue to immediately, does it send emails then?

Same issue here. I receive test mail but campaing email does not send.

Make sure your cron jobs are really triggering the commands:

https://www.mautic.org/getting-started/

1 Like

I was having the same issues but came down to external issues mainly the mail server refusing the connection, firewall blocking ports or grey/whitelisting on the mail server.

You first step would be to test the mail server, check ports or look at the the mail logs from the Mautic instance as Mautic will not help with firewall/mail blocking issues and nothing shows in the logs. If you have a command line

telnet mail.yourdomain.com 25

Maby also change authentication to plain text

I think the cron jobs is not the problem, either the server… If I go to settings and mail settings and send a test mail, it arrives. But if i go to channels, emails and click an email and click on send on the top right, i receive a msg saying that mail was sent, but it dont.

Have you checked the Junk Mail Folder? sometime the emails get there. What email server are you using?

I’ve never managed to get SMTP to send emails either by the queue or via sending immediately.

As above everything works as it should with a successful connection and a successfully sent and received test email but when going into the email component to send an example email the email is never sent unless PHPMail is selected.

Any ideas?

I resolved this by switching off the inbox monitoring as our SMTP server was rejecting the modified bounce address, you might see this by viewing your logs files:

Swift_Transport_EsmtpTransport started >> MAIL FROM:<marketing+bounce_58adbd1801004@thedomain.co.uk> << 550-Verification failed for <marketing+bounce_58adbd1801004@thedomain.co.uk> 550-No Such User Here" 550 Sender verify failed

You can learn more about the bounce emails and inbox monitoring here:

I’m unsure how this can be solved but having the emails sending via SMTP is a requirement to ensure they land in the inbox and not the junk folder.

Both are almost exactly the same with exception to the port numbers which is 465 for outgoing and 995 for incoming.

I received the success message on both sections and as soon as I removed the inbox monitoring settings the emails work, send properly and arrive in the inbox.

It’s because the system is trying to verify the return address is what’s causing the problem.

I have a VPS at Siteground, not sure if I’ll be able to modify it but will certainly check.