Contact list name showing wrong information

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is:

Your problem
My problem is: Within contact list I’m getting email address instead of contact name information. Not sure why.

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: Tried to look into the form however the name it is submitted correctly and fields are where they are supposed to be.

Please advise

1 Like

Did they fill out the name for sure? If there is no name, then email address is shown in the list.

As I mentioned they did fill out the name, and if I open up the contact and toggle the form submission I can see the full name.
However under the name column I get the email address instead.

Do you see the right name when you open the person’s profile?

only when I toggle the form results but yes it is correct, it is rather odd, because for instance my name is there, but all the other contacts have their email address listed instead of name.

do you think it is a bug?

Can you plz make a screenshot of a person who has the name?
I just wanna see that it’s indeed saved.
LIke this:

the only one contact with the name is me.
Others just have their email address instead.

PFE screenshot

Hi, this is not the screenshot I asked.

Go here:

Then:

Then make a screenshot

when open it up it looks like this

We are almost there.
Can you do this for a person, where you only see email?

there,

So you don’t have the first name and last name saved, this is why it’s not displayed.

hmm, not so sure about that though.

as I mentioned it is odd, because when I toggle the form result within the same contact profile I can clearly see the full name. So what is going on?

PFE screenshot

The form is working fine as the full name is passed for the contact. I don’t get why it doesn’t show within the core details and under the contacts list name column though, any tips?

Yes, we can see here that you have a Form with a Name field.
Can you make a screenshot with that field:

This is how the name field looks like within the form.

And as you can see, it’s not connected to any field in Mautic. This is mine, should look like this:

You can connect it here after editing that specific field:

Thank you, it was as easy as that, somehow I recall that the name was showing up before, is there any chance that it got disconnected by itself?

Also any idea on how to make those past contacts names appear under the name column?

You can export the form results and then properly import again.
Email will be the key for merging, make sure you include it.

what do you mean by “email will be the key for merging”?
All contacts have email address of course.

Do you advise to export and import again using csv or other format?