Contact re-added to campaign - unexpected result

Using 2.4, I was curious to see what happened if a published campaign used an unpublished transactional email. I added a tag to a contact, they were added to a segment, the campaign picked up the contact from the segment, and the calendar shows that the email was sent except that it wasn’t because it was unpublished (presumably). Fair enough, though it would have been good for Mautic to have warned when making the campaign active that it used unpublished emails.

Now I wanted to test with the email published so I removed the tag and the contact was removed from the campaign. I published the email and tried again. The contact was added to the segment and campaign once again, but the email was still not sent, and does not show on the calendar either.

Why was the email not sent the second time? The email is transactional and so can be. Is it because the contact was removed but then added to a campaign that they were in previously? Were the readded to the campaign at the point they were previously removed? Or, should they have been added at the start of the campaign and have received the email?

Using 2.4, I was curious to see what happened if a published campaign used an unpublished transactional email. I added a tag to a contact, they were added to a segment, the campaign picked up the contact from the segment, and the calendar shows that the email was sent except that it wasn’t because it was unpublished (presumably). Fair enough, though it would have been good for Mautic to have warned when making the campaign active that it used unpublished emails.

Now I wanted to test with the email published so I removed the tag and the contact was removed from the campaign. I published the email and tried again. The contact was added to the segment and campaign once again, but the email was still not sent, and does not show on the calendar either.

Why was the email not sent the second time? The email is transactional and so can be. Is it because the contact was removed but then added to a campaign that they were in previously? Were the readded to the campaign at the point they were previously removed? Or, should they have been added at the start of the campaign and have received the email?