E-Mail Newsletter gets tagged with dozens of [SPAM] Attributes

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.2.4
My PHP version is: ?
My Database type and version is: ?

Your problem
My problem is: Subject Line of Newsletter has added Tags that spell [SPAM] - a dozen times
I added a screenshot showing the subject line. This is the first time in 2 months that this problem occured. Apparently in the last years this never popped up. If I clone the e-mail and send a test e-mail to me, the same thing happens again. usually a test email gets sent with the added tag [TEST] - now this particular e-mail also gets [SPAM] and then [TEST] added to the subject line.

I have no idea how that happened and I did not change anything about the template. Usually I just clone the latest newsletter and change the HTML content. All the other attributes just stay the same. This [SPAM] tag is completely new to me.

These errors are showing in the log: ?

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: looking at the forum, but couldn’t find someone with the same problem. Sorry I am a total noobie.

Hi,
Why do you think this is a Mautic issue?
Which email provider is this?
Thx,
Joey

Hi Joey,

thanks for your reply.
The e-mails are sent via Outlook.

I researched a bit and apparently the SPAM Tag gets added by Outlook. I tested the email with mail-tester.com but it got a 9/10 score.

Could there be problems with the content of the mail so that it gets the SPAM tag?
but even then why would there be over a dozen of SPAM tags in the subject line?
Did Mautic forward the mail a dozen times?

Hi,
Mail Tester is not a 100% solution.
Mautic doesn’t add the SPAM tag, it could be the mailing provider’s spam filter.

Joey

Obv something in the email make up is triggering Outlook to add the spam tag, and there must be dozens of triggers. Figuring out what is triggers outlooks looks for would be a good place to start.

Mautic is not to blame as this does not happen for every mautic user. Therefore the issue must lie somewhere else

• Trigger words in the content or subject line

• DNS records not configured properly (SPF, Dmarc, DKIM)

• Correct configuration by your email provider and there particular settings and how they manage email queued up by mautic.

• Your Mautic server set up - what server set up, security, fire walls, apps etc.

1 Like