Email Bounces

I do not have the IMAP bounce monitoring setup on my Mautic installation but I see that Mautic is still able to identify emails that have bounced. Is there a built in engine that monitors this? If so how accurate is it and can it reliably monitor bounces independent of the IMAP monitor?

I do not have the IMAP bounce monitoring setup on my Mautic installation but I see that Mautic is still able to identify emails that have bounced. Is there a built in engine that monitors this? If so how accurate is it and can it reliably monitor bounces independent of the IMAP monitor?

How did you notice that Mautic is able to identify the bounced emails without the configured monitoring?

I checked on a lead in the system and a yellow “Bounced” badge was in their profile.

That shouldn’t work automatically. Unless you are using Mautic hosted by mautic.com. They have this configured automatically.

This is a self hosted installation of Mautic. It showed up and when I scrolled over it it displayed a number of attempts to send the message to the user that caused the bounce.

Oh, right. Mautic doesn’t need to check the inbox for that. The email sending failed multiple time for some reason. Maybe you could find more details in the logs.

Oh okay. That makes much more sense. When I do try and activate the IMAP monitoring feature, however, my Mautic timeout and no longer lets me into the configuration section of the system. I do have php-imap installed on my server. Is there any reason that it would timeout?

I can imagine it can take a quite while to go through the emails if the email folder has a lot of them. Maybe try to raise the timeout limit.

The PHP timeout limit? The mailbox is fresh with no email in it yet.

Then no idea. Check the server and Mautic logs for more info.

I just tried running the configuration again and this is the error I received.

2016/01/11 15:05:35 [error] 1343#0: *935 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 000.000.00.00, server: mauticinstall.com, request: “POST /s/ajax?action=email:testMonitoredEmailServerConnection&mauticUserLastActive=1&mauticLastNotificationId=181 HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “http://000.000.000.00:8080/s/ajax?action=email:testMonitoredEmailServerConnection&mauticUserLastActive=1&mauticLastNotificationId=181”, host: “mauticinstall.com”, referrer: “http://mauticinstall.com/s/config/edit

It seems that the imap sever doesn’t respond and so the connection times out or something similar

It’s happening with quite literally every IMAP configuration I try from Gmail to Microsoft Exchange. Is there anything else I should be looking for? I increased the timeout maximum in nginx and now it just sits there and does nothing for a really long time.

Well, it works for me and no one else is having this issue, so my conclusion is that it is something with your server setup. But hard to say what without any error message.

I did install php-imap after I installed this instance of Mautic on the server. Would that have any affect?

I was able to produce another error:

[Wed Jan 20 12:41:11.964351 2016] [:error] [pid 1475] [client 104.131.187.62:43809] exception ‘PDOException’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)’ in /home/admin/web/mautic.com/public_html/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:40nStack trace:n#0 /home/admin/web/mautic.com/public_html/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(40): PDO->__construct(‘mysql:host=loca…’, ‘[censored]’, ‘[censored]’, Array)n#1 /home/admin/web/mautic.com/public_html/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOMySql/Driver.php(41): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->__construct(‘mysql:host=loca…’, ‘[censored]’, ‘[censored]’, Array)n#2 /home/admin/web/mautic.com/public_html/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(356): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOMySql\Driver->connect(Array, ‘[censored]’, ‘[censored]’, Array)n#3 /home/admin/web/mautic.com/public_html/app/AppKernel.php(101): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->connect()n#4 /home/admin/web/mautic.com/public_html/index.php(56): AppKernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request))n#5 {main}

It seems like Mautic is having hard time to log in to the database. BTW, your password is in that log report. You should probably remove it before some cracker notices it. Maybe discuss this error with your hosting provider.

Your system is no longer letting me edit that post. Can you please assist? That was a major mistake on my part.

what system? The forum? What post? Are you logged in? What was the major mistake?