Email CC Recipients

Your software
My Mautic version is: v3.1.2
My PHP version is: 7.3.27
My Database type and version is: mysqlnd 5.2.12-dev

Your problem
My problem is:

These errors are showing in the log: I am not having an error but would like to know if anyone has a way to cc recipients on outgoing emails??

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

1 Like

Hello @klandry1

You can do this when you create an email in the “Advanced” tab via the “Hidden copy address” field.

I’ll let you try it and confirm if it works for you.

Pierre
P.S.: I suggest you upgrade Mautic to the latest version. You will have the latest features and less security risk.

In my case, I fill in the cc recipients box (in advanced settings). But when the email is send, it does not show who has received the copy of that email. Any ideas to fix this issue? :frowning:

Hello @mugica,

This is because Mautic sends the email as a copy but does not show the people who are in CC. This is due to the fact that e-mails sent via an SMTP relay are sent to only one person. In this case Mautic sends an e-mail to the contact AND another e-mail to the CC contact.

In which business use case do you need to have a person in CC of your e-mail?

Pierre

Hello @pierre_a,

I’ll try to explain, it’s a bit convoluted.

We have automated/connected our website forms via zapier with mautic. In some cases (depending on several variables of the contacts) there are two sales managers who receive the results of those forms. Then, as they are not being able to see the cc of the email, some times, the sales responsibles contact the lead in duplicate.

In parallel, studying all the variables of the contacts and depending on each possible case, I have carried out campaigns to assign owners to each contact. These owners are the ones who are really responsible for interacting with the contact. Therefore, thinking of other solutions to solve this, i have also tried to put the token “{ownerfield=email}” (in the email that notifies the commercial team) but it doesn’t work :frowning:

Thx!

Hello @mugica,

If the business issue is not to process the duplicate contact I suggest sending it to the person who “owns” the contact.
What do you think about this solution?

Don’t you use the native forms offered by Mautic?

Pierre

Hi @pierre_a!

Nope, that’s not the issue.

Let me give you some context. Internally, we divide sales people (in web query terms) by product line and by geography. In those web queries, the responsible salesperson (lvl 1) and his or her manager (lvl 2) must received that query via mail (internal company policy).

To: Responsible Sales Person (lvl 1)
CC: Manager (lvl 2)

The objective is that the person who is in “to” field interacts with the lead. The person who is in “cc” field just supervises and gives back-up if is needed.

In some cases, that “manager” (lvl 2) could become the responsible salesperson. So, another player joins the game, the sales director (lvl 3).

To: Manager (lvl 2)
CC: Sales director (lvl 3)

The issue here is that by sending those emails via mautic/sparkpost, the sales team can’t see if someone is on cc. So some times, the sales responsibles (“to” and “cc”) have contacted the lead in duplicate and separately because they thought they were in the field “to”.

Figuring that seeing cc was not possible (And you have confirmed to me that it is not possible), I came up with a possible solution: study all the possible cases and carry out campaigns to assign owners to each contact. These owners are the ones who are really responsible for interacting with the contact.

So having this already deployed, I added the token {ownerfield=email} in the query mail. In this way, sales team can see who is in charge of interacting with the lead. But, didn’t work. This token never gives the owner mail, alwyas displays: “[Owner E-mail]” as if I didn’t have that info. But i checked that the contacts always has an owner assigned. I think this is the easiest solution to solve my problem.

Anwsering your question “Don’t you use the native forms offered by Mautic?” Yes I do. But in other user cases such as landing pages. This website forms are directly managed in our website.

Maybe is a version issue/bug. Im working with V3.3.3 (planning to upgrade in near future).
Thx! I hope I have explained myself clearly :slight_smile:

Hi, from Mautic 4.1.0 you can add tokens to the CC field. That would solve your problem in my opinion:

regards:
Joey

Hello @mugica,

For your problem {ownerfield=email} can you :

1. Update to last version of Mautic
  2. Open a new issue if necessary

Pierrre

1 Like