Email Reports not working in 3.2, 3.3, 4.0 and 4.1

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.1
My PHP version is: 7.4.3
My Database type and version is: Maria

Your problem
My problem is:
REPORTS Tab.
I create a report for emails, to show the amount of emails sent/read/clicked/bounced.

Now, for SOME emails, everything works as expected.
Other emails do not show up AT ALL inside the report. No way.

And I am sure that they have been sent in the specified time frame, and I can also see that if I go under Channels/Emails and select a specific email. It’s there and it has been sent, thousands of times. But the report does not show most of the emails at all.

Notes:

• Some emails show up. So it’s not a problem affecting ALL the emails.
  • All the emails are sent by campaigns or are “segment” emails. Some show up and some don’t, so it’s not related to the type of email.
  • If I create a new email, 99% of the times it shows up in the report for the first few days. After a while, even if I send the same email everyday to hundreds of contacts, the report stop showing it.
  • Assuming I create an email on the 1st of December and send it everyday to 100 customers, the report will show just the first few days. If I select a timeframe like 15 Dec - 31 Dec, that email won’t be displayed in the report.

These errors are showing in the log:
No errors in the log

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
Re-creating ALL the emails from scratch. It worked. For maybe 3-4 days, then again all the emails disappeared.

I have had similar issue.

Me too. The same problem here

Hi,
If you have emails missing from your report, then this is probaly due to set time filters.
Email report takes only emails in focus, that are created during the time set in the filters on the top.
What I mean is: if you create an email dec 1, and you check the email performance during jan 1-31, then the email will be simply not shown.

Yes I know, it’s not ideal.

Joey

Hi Joey,
Thanks.
Well, it’s not that “it’s not ideal”. It’s just stupid. I want to see how many emails have been opened/clicked in the month of October, even if I created that email in August.
If I increase the timeframe to include August, I won’t have anymore the data about the open/click rate in October, but from August to October. What’s the meaning of that data?!

This is really useless at this time, then.

1 Like

Can you check if I’m right, and that is the case or I’m wrong. Maybe not the creation date but date sent matters. I answered your question from my mobile half sleeping.

Hi Joey,
Just tested, you are right, indeed.

Thank you for finding the root of this issue, I spent months thinking of it without understanding the reason. Now it’s clear, at least.

And I confirm, having metrics like these does not make much sense. I created some emails in August and they are still being sent today, but I would like to know the open/click rate for each month, not a generic aggregated data. And that’s where “reports” should help… !