Emails no longer send after changing settings.

Hi there,

All our outgoing emails were sending fine until I recently made a very small change to the email settings.

I changed the ‘How should email be handled?’ from ‘Send Immediately’ to ‘Queued’.

I also set a message limit of 150.

The reason that I did this was because I’m just starting to send out large-volume Mailouts to around 18,000 clients on my list.

The first time that I tried such a large-volume Mailout with the previous settings, it took Mautic about two days to send out all the emails.

I gathered that changing the settings to ‘Queued’ is recommended in this scenario and would enable the emails to be sent out much quicker.

However, since I changed the settings, Mautic doesn’t appear to be sending out the emails at all.

The weird thing is that the stats on Mautic indicate that all 18,000 emails were sent, but I know that none of them were.

Aside from having a 0% open-rate, there are several of my own dummy email accounts in that mailing list for test purposes, and none of those accounts received an email.

Everything is set up around campaigns - so I create a campaign which sends the email at a specific time to clients on a new segment, then I import my mailing list CSV to that new segment on Mautic.

As I say, this always worked fine before, it just took too long for large volumes.

Now that I’ve just changed that one setting, it appears we have a bigger problem.

Any guidance at all would be appreciated, and I’d be happy to provide more details if you let me know what I need to provide :)

Hi there,

All our outgoing emails were sending fine until I recently made a very small change to the email settings.
I changed the ‘How should email be handled?’ from ‘Send Immediately’ to ‘Queued’.
I also set a message limit of 150.

The reason that I did this was because I’m just starting to send out large-volume Mailouts to around 18,000 clients on my list.
The first time that I tried such a large-volume Mailout with the previous settings, it took Mautic about two days to send out all the emails.
I gathered that changing the settings to ‘Queued’ is recommended in this scenario and would enable the emails to be sent out much quicker.

However, since I changed the settings, Mautic doesn’t appear to be sending out the emails at all.
The weird thing is that the stats on Mautic indicate that all 18,000 emails were sent, but I know that none of them were.
Aside from having a 0% open-rate, there are several of my own dummy email accounts in that mailing list for test purposes, and none of those accounts received an email.

Everything is set up around campaigns - so I create a campaign which sends the email at a specific time to clients on a new segment, then I import my mailing list CSV to that new segment on Mautic.

As I say, this always worked fine before, it just took too long for large volumes.
Now that I’ve just changed that one setting, it appears we have a bigger problem.

Any guidance at all would be appreciated, and I’d be happy to provide more details if you let me know what I need to provide :slight_smile: