How to make preference center adjustments

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3.1
My PHP version is: 7.3.21-1+ubuntu16.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
My Database type and version is: Not sure

Your problem
Hi

We are currently looking into using the Preference center for unsubscribes and are hoping to style it to match our brand.

I am struggling to find information on the possibilities there are for changing the code.

Do you know where the style sheet is in order to change for example the color of the check boxes and the save preferences box, the font and size of the slot segment list etc?

The list of “My segment” - is it possible to ad a segment description? Or is it only the segment name that can be shown?

As I understood there is no option to add a “unsubscribe me from all” button? The user has to uncheck all segments and save preferences in order to unsubscribe?

Thanks!

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

Hi @shindberg have you looked at the option of making a landing page, setting it as the preference center and theoretically you can customize it and use it.

I myself have not got this working to date and have a post open on the issue here.

1 Like

Hi @mikew

Thank you for your reply.

Yes we have set up the preference center as a landing page, and it has worked through our tests. But we are looking into the options for styling it and making other adjustments.

I can recommend this youtube walkthrough: Understand Unsubscribes And Create Awesome Preference Center With Friendly Automate (Mautic) - YouTube
Hope it can help you solve the issue you have so it will work.

HI @shindberg

Thanks for this. I have followed @joeyk tutorial step by step. It is exactly what I have done in the past as well.

So to recap and for anyone else there that can help these are the steps I have taken.

1. Updated Email Unsubscribe Settings:

2. Created a Landing Page and designated it as a preference Center:

3. Created an email with the standard {unsubscribe_url} and designate the preference center to this email

4. Received email with unsubscribe url as : https://mauticinstance.com/email/unsubscribe/60aa35db972ac378955758

5. Clicked on the link and opened in a private browser and get the standard unsubscribe message and not the preference center.
    We are sorry to see you go! mike@surge.media will no longer receive emails from us. If this was by mistake, click here to re-subscribe.

Any ideas ?

I have just run a test and ran an install of 3.3.3, followed my above steps and pref center worked perfectly.

The problems I have been seeing are present on 3.2.3 from what I can see at the moment. Will try and check on a few others and update here.

Wow, good to know, there is such issue.

TBH not 100% confirmed. I need to go ahead and do an upgrade of 3.2.3 on this instance to make sure that is the issue. Will update once done

Thank you for looking into it @mikew to see if it is an 3.2.3 issue.

We are using 3.3.1 and here the preference center works.

Do you know if there is a way to show more information about a segment than just the segment name? Can you add a code so it will show the segment description as well?

It would just be nice to be able to tell the subscriber what they can expect to receive from a specific segment.