My Mautic version is: 3.10.0?
My PHP version is: 7.3.21
My problem is: I can’t find an option to re-send e-mails only to those contacts who haven’t opened it.
Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I’ve checked all the options in the Campaign Builder. Maybe I’m searching in the wrong place.
Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the community.
You can do this through the campaigns…
- Send your emails through a campaign.
- After you setup the email to send add another action to see if the email is open. you do this by clicking the plus sign under your email and selecting decision
- From the decision dropdown, select opens email
- Select the right node, which means that they did not open the email, click decisions, and select the option to modify the contacts tag.
- Select to execute the event after a few days, then set the option to add a tag for the emails that were not opened. This will tag the contact record.
- Create a new “segment” and filter it by the tag you used in step 5. Now Mautic will send emails to those that didn’t open the first one. Of course you can repeat the process and add the option to remove the tag when they do open a email…
Hope that helps!!!
as an addition you could also add them directly to a segment
or add an Send Mail action on the negative result of Open mail.
But the above explanation of @gary.harrison is excellent and well documented
Thank you both so much! I was not finding the option because I was sending the first e-mail as a segment e-mail. I’ve now changed it to a campaign e-mail and was able to.
Just to be on the safe side, the e-mail circled in red should only be sent to those contacts with the “unopened” tag, right?
I never thought to do that! Nice to see multiple answers to the same problem…
No, Currently everyone will get the tag and email again
move the link For add tag to “opens email” the red No dot on the right of the opens email box.
Then you are saying follow this path if they do not open email.
Sorry, @ [tristanbailey], I didn’t quite understand your answer. Would you mind rephrasing what you recommend? Thanks in advance!