Resend segment email to unopen

My idea is: resend segment to unopen with different subject line

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: marketers

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: some subject lines might not work. If we could send the same email to those who didn’t open, it would get higher conversion

Any code or resources to support this idea: no

Are you willing to work on this idea?: yes. But not to code

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further?

You can already do this. There is a possibility to create a filter: received the email but did t open.

Yes you could do segment filter.
But here’s the problem with that…

you’d have tons of clone emails and tons of segments.

The idea was to be able to resend email to unopened as easily as to send to pending (in email manu).

Hmm. Interesting. Btw - you can use campaigns for that as well. But yes its an interesting idea. Mautic can send to segments only. How would you solve that?

Hi. You can use tags to those that has not opened the email, separate them in another segment, and send them a cloned email with different subject. This may solve your question?

Just one comment.

Wait until means: emails will be sent immediately after this date.
If someone is added to this segment after 31st of August, they will get 3 emails together.

1 Like

As a rookie with Mautic, I cannot locate the detail needed to properly setup an email so that only those that DID NOT open get the email again. I’m a bit frustrated I admit.

Thanks JoeyK. So what needs to be added to the “Campaign Builder” to stop the new customer to the segment from receiving all of the campaign emails at once? Ideally having them start at the first email of said campaign.