How to sync a segment with google sheet?

I want to auto-sync a segment with a google sheet. I am using Mautic to manage race entries and I want to display a list of paid-up confirmed entries on my WP site.

I have looked at Zapier and similar to do the job but none of their available triggers involve segment updates. I can use Zapier to trigger on contact update but that pushes any contact who has any update to the google sheet.

Anu suggestion on how I can auto export a segment to a google sheet, or add a new row in the sheet with the details of a new segment member?

Hey @robm

The first thing that came to mind was using Webhooks, maybe to have a campaign set up that will fire off a Webhooks to Google Sheets.
No idea if this is possible, but did a search for “google sheet Webhooks” and there were a few results and from the few minutes I looked seems like it may be possible…

Have a glance at this: Making a Webhook with Google Sheets | Expandi Help Center

Thanks Mike, very interesting.

I did manage to find a solution. I built a scenario in Integromat. Integromat uses a webhook to listen for any contact updates in Mautic. Then I used a filter to look for a particular tag. If they had the tag it sent them to a google sheet.

I had a hassle in that if anyone with the tag, who was already in the google sheet, was edited in mautic, they would re added as a row in the sheet. To fix that I found and set up a google app script that looks for duplicates and deletes them in the sheet. I set the app to run every minute.

I then used a WP plugin that live pulls in google sheet data and shows it in a table on the site.

Result - as soon as someone enters my race and pays for their entry, they are tagged and magically appear on the confirmed entry list on the race website.

2 Likes

It is necessary to define a set of final data first of all. The report should contain a large number of parameters that are used only for calculations. After that, you must design based on this data and bind the parameters from the tables. You can get more detailed information at this link. Btw, the principle of all plugins’ operations is the same. You attach a link to the table, and the plugin identifies the column or row as a list. Then you need to run it and specify the path to the table. Access to it should be open by reference for everyone.