Just installed 1.3- lots of issues

Hey, I have just installed Mautic 1.3. I have never used mautic before but a heavy user of Marketo/pardot/eloqua so very familiar with marketing automation.

Here are some of the issues that I got straight off the bat which meant that I couldn’t use mautic at all:

1. Lead lists

These don’t seem to work at all. I have tried basic filters such as email is not empty and it comes back with 0 leads. I have imported over 300 leads but for some reason the filters just dont work.

Ok I think this has to do with the cron tasks, I think they were not setup properly. Testing these now.

1. Email link tracking

These are not working either. I am not going into the builder but setting up a normal html email. I have tried both {externalllink=url} which seems to redirect the url but using a general url doesn’t seem to work at all.

I haven’t read through all the documentation but have gone through enough forum threads. It’s weird because it feels like I am the only one having these issues but at the same time, I am not doing anything wrong or out of the ordinary, these just seem to be basic things that should just work?

Hey, I have just installed Mautic 1.3. I have never used mautic before but a heavy user of Marketo/pardot/eloqua so very familiar with marketing automation.

Here are some of the issues that I got straight off the bat which meant that I couldn’t use mautic at all:

1. Lead lists
    These don’t seem to work at all. I have tried basic filters such as email is not empty and it comes back with 0 leads. I have imported over 300 leads but for some reason the filters just dont work.

Ok I think this has to do with the cron tasks, I think they were not setup properly. Testing these now.

1. Email link tracking
    These are not working either. I am not going into the builder but setting up a normal html email. I have tried both {externalllink=url} which seems to redirect the url but using a general url doesn’t seem to work at all.

I haven’t read through all the documentation but have gone through enough forum threads. It’s weird because it feels like I am the only one having these issues but at the same time, I am not doing anything wrong or out of the ordinary, these just seem to be basic things that should just work?

Hi

I have a similar problem with leads in that most no longer open so you cannot se their history. Have a look at the log (Settings > System Info > Log) to see if there is any error thrown in there. I have raised an issue on github:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/1508

I hope that there is a quick fix as at present it isn’t much use.

@williamsdb, have you tried clearing the cache out? If not then I think it may be worth trying because this fixes some funny problems sometimes. You can just delete the app/cache/prod folder.

@vln104 who’d have thought it - that worked! Thanks for the tip.

@williamsdb glad to have helped. If the issue you raised on github is longer valid then please close it so others do not waste time investigating the issue.

Thanks.

Linh

@vln104 sure I will close the issue but perhaps the upgrade process should clear down the cache?

I’m not too sure if the upgrade process clears down the cache or not but it’s a good point if it doesn’t already. In that case I would change the issue title to something like “upgrade process should clear cache” and put a description of the issue.