Mautic 3.0.0: 'This form is no longer available' - Thrive Leads

When I submit a form via Thrive Leads, I get this error:

This form is no longer available.

• The form IS available and enabled.
  • mauticform[formId] is set in the form code.

Any ideas why this Mautic returns this error?

Hi Maurice,

Please post any Mautic 3 questions in the #support:mautic-3-install-upgrade-support channel as it helps us to keep things together in one place.

How are you integrating with Thrive Leads? Has the integration been updated to support Mautic 3?

1 Like

The Thrive Leads Mautic integration hasn’t been working for a very long time. So I don’t even try that anymore. What I did was using the html form code.Then TL uses this to create a form for TL itself. But this also doesn’t work.

So I’m not sure who’s breaking things here.

What I did to create a workaround is let Thrive Leads post to an external PHP file. This file catches the posted data and posts it to Mautic. This works and it’s quick. But… it IS still a workaround.

PS I just saw that Thrive removed the Mautic API integration altogether…

How are you embedding the forms, with the plugin shortcode, automatic via JS or manual?

Have you checked to see if there are any markup changes if you are doing it manually? Have you tried bulk-rebuilding the forms in Mautic using the select all > rebuild feature?

Just a few thoughts!

I am embedding the forms manually. You need to enter the complete HTML form code in Thrive Leads. Then they create a form out of it. As far as I can see in the Thrive Leads page that contains the form as thet created it, it looks fine.

However, it does not work, since I get the error ‘This form no longer exists’ back.

But when I paste the same original mautic form code in a flat HTML file, it DOES work.

So I suspect that Thrive Leads somehow malforms the code.

Looks that way, I’d be inclined to follow it up with them and see if they can help troubleshoot as if the form works fine in regular html then it seems something might be going wrong with that part.

I’m not sure if they’re open to troubleshooting this, because they recently dropped their Mautic integration. It’s probably easier for them to drop it, than to fix it. I will open a ticket with them and ask them some questions. I’ll keep you updated here.

Edit: https://thrivethemes.com/forums/topic/mautic-support/
(need an active Thrive account to access)

Quick answer from Thrive support:

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concern, we will be more than
happy to help you out and clarify this.

Indeed, at the moment, we’ve decided to remove Mautic as our integration
since Thrive Leads doesn’t work well with its latest version.

Our development team said that we only support Mautic versions until 2.7. If
you are using the latest version of Mautic, you need to contact the Mautic
support team and request for downgrading the version.

For now, we decided to put this concerned as Feature Request, and I added a
vote for you.

We removed Mautic from our supported API connections list awhile back, when
this issue first appeared.

https://thrivethemes.com/tkb_item/list-of-current-api-connections-supported/

For more information, feature requests go straight into a strategy board
where the management team will review them. Depending on how many people
request a feature and how many people will benefit from the function, the
cost-benefit ratio (if it is a lot of work for little end-user reward or the
opposite) and our current workload, we decide which features to build.

Of course, we try and deliver as many updates and new features as possible,
but it’s just not possible to build everything. We promise that every
feature request is set to log, will be subject to review and we will endeavor to
improve our software as best we can over time.

Unfortunately they did not answer why Mautic forms in plain HTML work and why they don’t work when using Thrive Leads.

Wow, 2.7?

That is extremely old being released in 2017 (2.16.2 is the latest release on the 2.x branch!) so I do not suggest following that advice to downgrade!

I’d suggest asking folk to vote for the feature if they use it - maybe make a separate thread? In the meantime not sure how to proceed - can you just use the forms without the integration?

Hi Ruth, indeed very old. No, I certainly won’t downgrade Mautic for their sake. Haha, nice try. :rofl:

What I did is using an external small PHP file that catches the post data from Thrive Leads. So TL posts to that file.

And then this PHP file immediately re-posts it to Mautic with the fields as they appear in the Mautic form.

It’s a workaround, but it works perfectly. This PHP file functions as a ‘repeater’.

So I think we don’t have to do anything here on the Mautic-side. It’s a confirmed Thrive Leads issue.

1 Like

Hello @maurice , Happy that you were able to develop a workaround to the Mutic- Thrive Leads issue.

Please would you be kind and willing to share your solution with me? (Including other Mautic-Thrive leads users)

I also use Thrive Leads with Mautic (but yet to upgrade mautic, I currently still run 2.1.6.1 and this works with Thrive Leads API integration the last time I checked.

Kindly note I am no coder…

But I can follow a guide on where to put what…

I will be happy if you can help, so I will be able to upgrade my Mautic instance.

Cheers and blessed.

Cc. @rcheesley

Hi, the workaround is to add an HTML form code to Thrive Leads that posts the data to an external PHP file.

For example this:

<form action="https://www.example.com/mautic-scripts/add-to-mtc.php">

<input
   name="firstname"
   placeholder="Fill in your First Name..." 
   type="text"
 >

<input 
   name="email"
   placeholder="Fill in your email address..." 
   type="email"
 >

<input 
   name="mautic_form_id" 
   value="11" 
   type="hidden"
 >

<input 
   name="mautic_form_name" 
   value="thisisthemauticformname" 
   type="hidden"
 >

<button
   type="submit" 
   name="submit">
 Submit!
 </button>

</form>

The fields as in this form need to be copied from a Mautic form. (Like the ID, form name, etc.).

Now you can create your Thrive Leads Opt-In. When you submit, the data is sent to https://www.example.com/mautic-scripts/add-to-mtc.php. Of course you need to replace example.com with your own domain.

Let’s see what the add-to-mtc.php file looks like. Because this file receives the posted Thrive Leads data and re-posts it to Mautic.

<?php
$mautic_url							= 'https://www.yourdomain.com/mautic/form/submit?formId='.$_GET['mautic_form_id'];
$redirect							= 'https://www.yourdomain.com/thank-you-for-your-subscription/;

$data = array(
	'mauticform[firstname]'			=> ucfirst($_GET['firstname']);
	'mauticform[email]'				=> $_GET['email'],
	'mauticform[formId]' 			=> $_GET['mautic_form_id'];
	'mauticform[return]'			=> '',
	'mauticform[formName]'			=> $_GET['mautic_form_name']
	);

// Initialize cURL
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,$mautic_url);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $data);

// Send registration to Mautic
$response = curl_exec($ch);
$return = json_decode($response);

header('Location: '.$redirect);

?>

Of course you need to make sure that the field names match. As soon as this file is called from Thrive Leads, it will use that data to post it to Mautic. So you need to have a Mautic form.

This approach will work in any situation and you don’t have to rely on API integrations. It’s a quick fix to connect Thrive Leads (or any other form) to Mautic.

Just give it a try. If you have questions, let me know.

Good luck.

2 Likes

WOW!!

Thank you greatly sire!!

I will implement this. Thank you again for your assistance

Please also be sure to tell Thrive that you use the integration! Then maybe they will update it!

I think they’re stuck on the experience they had in the past. They reached to Mautic and, apparently nothing happened. Somehow, they were having problems using 0Auth2, due to the fact that the tokens only last about 14 days and they didn’t get the response they expected.

On my site, I do have API integration working (maybe because I did it a while ago) and I used 0Auth2, but had to go into Mautic and set the reauthorize to a super high value and that seems to be working ok, except for anything related to TAGS. That I must do with Mautic Forms.

This is the thread where they were trying (2016) Thrive Leads Integration with Mautic

And this is how it looks for me RIGHT NOW!

yes. just set it high to 99999 or something.
Then it works out of the box.

We use it since a few years now.

Also the input via html works great.
BUT keep in mind that you need to integrate the script which posts the form to mautic on the page with the form as well.

a few months ago I made this video:

1 Like

Hello @mrbock how exactly were you able to set the reauthorixzation to a super high value?

I tried changing the default from 14days to 9999 but it wont save.

I get soft * i broke it error

Would appreciate your feedback.

thanks

Maybe you need to delete the cache and warm it up again?

I had absolutely no problem setting it up. I have 10000 days.

I started using Thrive Themes way back in the beginning because they had a Mautic Integration. It’s been a pain in the A$$ ever since they stopped supporting the integration.

Using std Mautic forms and mucking about with CSS to get them to look half decent just took too long. I really wanted the design and ease of use of Thrive Leads but the functionality of a Mautic form.

After mucking about with APIs, webhooks and other 3rd party plugins, I finally got a pretty simple solution to work.

Here is how I have integrated Thrive Leads with Mautic (and fired the tracking cookie!)

https://youtu.be/fLxz_xMXQ68

1 Like

I just watched your video. Definitely going to give it a go and implement this, looks promising!

Thanks for taking the time. I also use Thrive with Mautic as you can read above and my solution has been working kind of OKish, I think yours is superior because, in the end, you’re actually using Mautic to create the identified contact and that provides a lot of advantage.

I’m thinking of adding a couple of tags in the process and see how it goes.

Thanks again,

Hermann

1 Like