Mautic doesn't send second email when not read

Your software
My Mautic version is:v2.14.0
My PHP version is: PHP Version 7.0.33

Your problem
My problem is:

Good morning, I’m using mautic v2.14.0 and I have a problem.

I’ve created a campaign that sends 2 emails.

The first email is sent it to all cantacts of a specific segment and the second email is set to be sent after 2 days to those who haven’t read the first one.

The problem is that the first one goes away normally and the second one doesn’t. It’s sent to a subset of the segment and not to all contacts that have not opened the first one.

I am attaching you photos of my campaign and crons.

These errors are showing in the log:

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

replace the cron jobs mautic:email:process to mautic:emails:send and try

2 Likes

Hi @bill

So from what I understand, the first email is sent, then you’re wanting to send a follow up email to those who haven’t opened the email.

The second email is not being sent, but the first one is sent fine?

In that case, do you see any errors in the logs? Also, is there any reason to be running an outdated version of Mautic?

1 Like

hello thanks for reply i tried but it doesn’t work

1 Like

Hello thanks for your answer ! yes the first email is sent but the second is not be send .
no errors in the logs…
we running an outdated version of mautic because we tried to updated in newest version and the problem was that couldn’t create new contact…

Hi Bill,

Do you see any errors in your Mautic logs at all? You didn’t include any with your earlier post, but if you weren’t able to create a contact I’d expect to see some errors.

1 Like

Hi Ruth! i run v2.14.0 now i open log and i see only this [2019-09-23 13:40:44] mautic.ERROR: Failed to fetch remote IP data: Could not resolve host: geolite.maxmind.com; Unknown error
[2019-09-23 13:45:48] mautic.ERROR: Failed to fetch remote IP data: Could not resolve host: geolite.maxmind.com; Unknown error
[2019-09-23 14:55:43] mautic.ERROR: Failed to fetch remote IP data: Could not resolve host: geolite.maxmind.com; Unknown error
[2019-09-23 15:00:50] mautic.ERROR: Failed to fetch remote IP data: Could not resolve host: geolite.maxmind.com; Unknown error
[2019-09-23 15:35:43] mautic.ERROR: Failed to fetch remote IP data: Could not resolve host: geolite.maxmind.com; Unknown error
[2019-09-23 15:40:54] mautic.ERROR: Failed to fetch remote IP data: Could not resolve host: geolite.maxmind.com; Unknown error
[2019-09-23 16:20:49] mautic.ERROR: Failed to fetch remote IP data: Could not resolve host: geolite.maxmind.com; Unknown error
[2019-09-23 16:50:43] mautic.ERROR: Failed to fetch remote IP data: Could not resolve host: geolite.maxmind.com; Unknown error

My problem is that i have schedule the second email and its doesn’t run

Hi Bill,

If the first immediate email goes but a scheduled mail doesn’t, is there a chance you might have done a partial update which isn’t complete? As it sounds like this regression bug: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/7767.

Do you see the errors reported here: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/7767#issuecomment-519887626 if you run the email send command directly at command line?

Have you tried running through these steps to determine if there were any incomplete updates: https://www.mautic.org/docs/en/tips/update-failed.html?

That’s where I would start.

2 Likes