Mautic evaluation, ask you support for some general aspects

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.3
My PHP version is: 7.4.20

Hi all,
I’m really new in mautic and I don’t know really much the tool; I would like ask you some information about (sorry me if is a wrong area to ask) that I cannot find somewhere and that need me to evaluate the tool:

1. is possible in mautic create relational table (1 to n) ? For example if I would like have a sales table I could create it and create a relation with “customer” table ?
  2. is possible to import data via batch file with an authomatic import process ? (for example in other automation tool there was a daily export from dwh and daily import in the automation tool, the exchange of files was done via sftp
  3. is possible have “calculated fields” ? For ex. I have 20 loyalty points and I will have a gift at 30 points: there is a way to send a communication in which I tell " With 10 points you can obtain a gift!"
  4. we usually in other system insert a dynamic date to manage utm tracking and so for example in the campaign we set “20210622_blablabla” . The date will change each day and so tomorrow will be “20210622_blablabla”. Using Mautic I can insert a dynamic element in utm ? (this because in a flow that will run each day I need to know what actions the user done on the website)
  5. a specific email will have a specific id ? so for example for birthday communication the mail will have id 5 that will run each day.
  6. about the reporting is possible read the data via api or do some export to export the data for each communication and for each contact that mautic sent ? (so for ex. pippo@pluto.com recevied email X in date A, opened email X in date B, click on link in email X in date B; alan@kuy.com recevied email Y in date A, opened email Y in date B, click on link in email Y in date B, and so on…)
  7. regarding the speed of sending and deliverability someone had some issue ?

Sorry if the post is “too long” but I think that coul be helpfull also for other users.

Thanks in advance

Hi all,
I already ask sorry for my post but I think that for me but also for other users can be a good thing know something about my points; also have some references to check directly can be a good thing for me.

Really thanks in advance

Hi,
Your questions are really specific :slight_smile: The thing is: you can do anything with Mautic, in worst case you’ll have add some code or be creative. I will just say my opinion, I’m sure other Mautic users will share their opinion.

1. is possible in mautic create relational table (1 to n) ? For example if I would like have a sales table I could create it and create a relation with “customer” table ?

Not right now, and you need coding for this. There is no plugin at this point ready, that manages custom objects, however on Slack I’ve seen some plans to do so.

You can also add more tables to Mautic (directly in the DB, no GUI). You can use the SQL conditions plugin to work with results. Needs deep understanding how the Mautic db works.

2. is possible to import data via batch file with an authomatic import process ? (for example in other automation tool there was a daily export from dwh and daily import in the automation tool, the exchange of files was done via sftp

Most users do this with API, which works out of the box. On the other hand with a little coding you can automate import as well. (sftp it in the folder, add entry to db, etc.)

1. is possible have “calculated fields” ? For ex. I have 20 loyalty points and I will have a gift at 30 points: there is a way to send a communication in which I tell " With 10 points you can obtain a gift!"

No calculated fields in this sense, but yes, with some work you can get this functionality with using TWIG templates plugin.

1. we usually in other system insert a dynamic date to manage utm tracking and so for example in the campaign we set “20210622_blablabla” . The date will change each day and so tomorrow will be “20210622_blablabla”. Using Mautic I can insert a dynamic element in utm ? (this because in a flow that will run each day I need to know what actions the user done on the website)

UTM of what? Email? Then no. Campaigns have no UTM’s btw in Mautic, cause a campaign is a flow of actions, not just emails. Emails can have UTM tags, but those are not dynamic. Probably a plugin can fix that.

1. a specific email will have a specific id ? so for example for birthday communication the mail will have id 5 that will run each day.

You would place a bday communication email in a campaign, that runs for the segment of contacts who have a birthday. Others wouldn’t be in that campaign. Mautic is great at this stuff.

1. about the reporting is possible read the data via api or do some export to export the data for each communication and for each contact that mautic sent ? (so for ex. pippo@pluto.com recevied email X in date A, opened email X in date B, click on link in email X in date B; alan@kuy.com recevied email Y in date A, opened email Y in date B, click on link in email Y in date B, and so on…)

Yes, this is called event history. Easy. Not sure about API, but if you solved the problems above, you’ll find this easy to deal with. All events are listed in the same DB table.

1. regarding the speed of sending and deliverability someone had some issue ?

It’s the same as with a Ferrari. If a 90 years old Lady drives it it will go slow, but a race car driver will drive it too fast. It depends on how you set it and fine tune it. It depends on hardware, SMTP you are using, cron settings, etc. Too slow is not good, cause you won’t get your emails out on time, too fast will land you on spamlist.
Mautic gives you the control over your sending speed.

1 Like

Hi joeyk,
first of all really thanks for you answer!!

Just some thing in which I think I was not so clear:

1. You can also add more tables to Mautic (directly in the DB, no GUI). You can use the SQL conditions plugin to work with results. Needs deep understanding how the Mautic db works.
    So in the DB I can create more tables and I can make a relation but after I can see it on Mautic and use the data to create segment ? (I’m thinking no…)
  2. ok great
  3. yes, with some work you can get this functionality with using TWIG templates plugin
    Just to be sure: with this I can use insert directly in html the code to do the calculation ? (es. 30-[POINTS_OF_USER] and in the email the user will see , in this case, “10” )
  4. Emails can have UTM tags, but those are not dynamic.
    In html code I can’t insert something like this (for google analytics): utm_campaign=[TODAY]abandoned_cart ? Where [TODAY] will be the data of today (in my example 20210622 and the date after 20210623_ and so on…)
  5. My fault sorry, I mean if I have an mail that will run (deliver) each day (ex. birthday) I will found it on the reporting system table with the same email_id or each day will have a new id ?
  6. Thanks so there are tables with all information about sending and I can export it ? With some store procedure / queries directly on database ? I cannot use api to queries this tables ?
  7. completly clear :wink:

If you are available I would like ask you one thing about integration but is a really custom thing so I think not intresting all, I can send you a pm ?

Thanks again!

Hi,
sorry me, @joeyk or someone can help me about the question ?

Really thanks in advance

Kind regards

Oscar

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the plugin’s producers, I like them because they are awesome. Use them at your own risk

You can do it actually. But it is cumbersome. This plugin gives you some capabilities:

I gave a short demo about it here:

Just to be sure: with this I can use insert directly in html the code to do the calculation ? (es. 30-[POINTS_OF_USER] and in the email the user will see , in this case, “10” )

Correct. You can display expiry days like that. Just have to use Twig and need this plugin:
https://mtcextendee.com/marketplace/twig-templates-for-mautic/
I did a demo of this plugin above as well.

My fault sorry, I mean if I have an mail that will run (deliver) each day (ex. birthday) I will found it on the reporting system table with the same email_id or each day will have a new id ?

Yes the email would have the same email ID (I still don’t 100% understand your question, but I assume this is what you are asking.) An email can run everyday with the same email ID, but if this email has dynamic content (for example RSS) then it might have different content every day :slight_smile:

So there are tables with all information about sending and I can export it ? With some store procedure / queries directly on database ? I cannot use api to queries this tables ?

Not sure, check the API docs:
https://developer.mautic.org/

Sure PM me any time.

1 Like