Mautic for multiple business

Hi,

I generate leads for my business through landing pages and would like to use Mautic to automate the process of sending e-mails for these Leads.

Can I use the same installation of Mauitc to automate the sending of e-mails to more than one company?

Example:

When the Lead is of the Company 1, send email from contact@company1.com;

When the Lead is of the Company 2, send email from contact@company2.com;

Also need to control access to Leads of each company.

Finally, only one installation Mautic can help me or I’ll have to install one Mautic for each company?

Hi,

I generate leads for my business through landing pages and would like to use Mautic to automate the process of sending e-mails for these Leads.

Can I use the same installation of Mauitc to automate the sending of e-mails to more than one company?

Example:
When the Lead is of the Company 1, send email from contact@company1.com;
When the Lead is of the Company 2, send email from contact@company2.com;

Also need to control access to Leads of each company.

Finally, only one installation Mautic can help me or I’ll have to install one Mautic for each company?

Hi Xoveryoux

So a few theoretical ways of making this work for you with one installation:

1. You can create lists which filter based on email address - so that should allow you to create two lists, one for company1, one for company2.

That would look something like:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s42/sh/707c978a-a41d-4b29-a01f-d85b59b883eb/5097adee1e9adc18987427c62e708f20

Note: I just tested this and we found a bug, which we’re solving right now. So, right now this won’t work. But once the bug is fixed it will work!

1. List emails
    Once you have segmented leads into two different lists, sending an email to that specific list should be pretty straight forward.

2. ACL Permissions (slightly complicated)
    You can configure the ACL roles to restrict access to certain things based on the lead or list owner, and the Mautic user’s permissions.

You’ll want to create a role for each company’s mautic ‘manager’. eg:

role 1 - company 1
role 2 - company 2

You’ll want to set up leads to only allow them access to their own leads. That should block them from accessing the other user’s leads.

You can do the same thing for emails. You’ll want to actually create the campaigns and lists logged in as those users so that the ownership is properly entered as that user.

Give this a shot and post back so we know how it works out and if you run into any roadblocks with the ACL settings.

Hi xoveryoux,

Did you end getting anywhere with this?

I’m test driving Mautic at the moment and have an almost identical requirement and I’m curious how you went in implementing?

Eric.

Hi Eric

If you do get a chance to set it up I’d love to hear how it goes. There’s definitely a major use for Mautic in the multi-business, white-label arena so if we can see it in action and find some pain points in the setup we’d be able to improve it!

Hey Chad,

Okay so I’ve had a crack at setting this up. First of all I did a clean install and then setup a role Client Role. This is the role I was going to use for agency clients to login and view / manage their leads.

First of all I disabled full system access for the client role and tried setting their permissions to View Own, Edit Own, Create, Delete Own. When I then logged in as user and tried to access Leads the Mautic Bot told me I was unable to access leads as client.

From there I enabled Full System Access and the client role could now access leads / create etc.

After that I disabled Full System access and set Client Role’s permissions to Full for Leads User Has Access To and Full for Lists - User Has Access to and Manage for Custom Fields User has Access To. I then logged in agin and got the Mautic Bot telling me I don’t have access to Leads.

Screenshot of the Lead permissions are here (http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a54ts1u06)

Have I missed something?

Eric.

PS: Mautic version is 1.03.

Eric.

Hi Eric

I have a confirmed bug for permissions. I"m working on fixing it now! Stay tuned.

HI Eric

There’s a pull request now to fix this. I’d love it if you tested the fix and post on github that it works for you!

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/316

Hopefully this will be included in 1.0.4.

Thanks Chad, I can confirm this patch works and when logged into client role I can now access leads and no longer get a 403 with permissions set to Edit Own and View Own for leads.

I will keep working through the above setup next week and let you know how it goes.

Cheers,
Eric.

I have a question in regards to this thread… I have successfully set it up so the user will not see other leads, however the main dashboard still shows stats from other leads and campaigns, and landing pages.

It also shows other user activity in “recent activity”… How can we make each user dashboard unique to only show their content, stats, and reports, and no other users activity?