1. Do you use Mautic to send out campaigns / segment emails?
Yes. We still use Mailchimp in some cases, but we’ll be moving to 100% Mautic campaign mailing by the end of the year. The main reason is that I still need write some code that will be automatically showing all sent emails (i.e. marked in a Category) on our webpage. Something like
SELECT * FROM (SELECT id, subject, custom_html, (SELECT date_sent FROM email_stats WHERE email_id=emails.id ORDER BY date_sent ASC LIMIT 0,1) AS date FROM emails WHERE category_id=##categoryid###) A WHERE A.DATE IS NOT NULL ORDER BY A.DATE DESC
2. Have you ever had an issue with emails not being sent or being sent multiple times?
No. We use Mailgun as SMTP with DKIM+SPF properly set up. Also, we have a reputable IP with Mailgun, so no problems. In case there are some errors in sending, we have webhooks set up at Mailgun that notify some custom APIs of ours and we can react manually.
3. Have you ever experienced any other “real life” issues by using the Mautic platform?
Well, to be honest there are bugs. Adding a contact and selecting an existing company still produces a 500 in some cases. Focus items need to be loaded 2 times in order for their builder to work (otherwise, they don’t load the builder). There are some inconveniences, but I’ve figured them out and treat them as minor issues that can be easily overcome with some simple workarounds.
4. What has been your overall experience “positive / negative” with using Mautic?
5. Would you recommend Mautic to friends to use as their email marketing platform?
Sure. I actually do. Having an on-premise open-source marketing automation platform, that’s the dream! (Barney Stinson)