Mautic review in "real life" business use?

Hi,

I was just trying to get some reviews from people who actually use the Mautic platform for their business email marketing system.

1. Do you use Mautic to send out campaigns / segment emails?

2. Have you ever had an issue with emails not being sent or being sent multiple times?

3. Have you ever experienced any other “real life” issues by using the Mautic platform?

4. What has been your overall experience “positive / negative” with using Mautic?

5. Would you recommend Mautic to friends to use as their email marketing platform?

Thank you!

Hi,

I was just trying to get some reviews from people who actually use the Mautic platform for their business email marketing system.

2. Have you ever had an issue with emails not being sent or being sent multiple times?

3. Have you ever experienced any other “real life” issues by using the Mautic platform?

4. What has been your overall experience “positive / negative” with using Mautic?

5. Would you recommend Mautic to friends to use as their email marketing platform?

Thank you!

following… (at least I hope this is possible, to follow a thread).

Hi my reply

1. Do you use Mautic to send out campaigns / segment emails? Yes for severals companies and industries

2. Have you ever had an issue with emails not being sent or being sent multiple times? No

3. Have you ever experienced any other “real life” issues by using the Mautic platform? No, just sometimes I have to mix Mautic with other App to get some specific feature sample (RSS To Emails)

4. What has been your overall experience “positive / negative” with using Mautic? Positive I’m am user since the release to the public with system working the worldwide (USA, Canada, Brazil, Israel, Germany, Australia, Dominican Republic)

5. Would you recommend Mautic to friends to use as their email marketing platform? Of course, i have helped a lot of companies to use Mautic and leave other Marketing Automation software behind.

Yes: for my company and several other companies

Yes: once emails were sent multiple times due to a self-inflicted configuration error (would not have happened if I had read the documentation more carefully)

Yes: features which worked did not work in a new release (e.g. sync with SugarCRM), but nothing which could not be ruled out with a good testing strategy

Positive: Mautic works very good at manageable costs

Yes: if you consider Mautic as enterprise software and have processes for installation, maintenance and testing in place
No: not if you consider Mautic as software to once install and then forget - there are better alternatives

Yes. We still use Mailchimp in some cases, but we’ll be moving to 100% Mautic campaign mailing by the end of the year. The main reason is that I still need write some code that will be automatically showing all sent emails (i.e. marked in a Category) on our webpage. Something like SELECT * FROM (SELECT id, subject, custom_html, (SELECT date_sent FROM email_stats WHERE email_id=emails.id ORDER BY date_sent ASC LIMIT 0,1) AS date FROM emails WHERE category_id=##categoryid###) A WHERE A.DATE IS NOT NULL ORDER BY A.DATE DESC

No. We use Mailgun as SMTP with DKIM+SPF properly set up. Also, we have a reputable IP with Mailgun, so no problems. In case there are some errors in sending, we have webhooks set up at Mailgun that notify some custom APIs of ours and we can react manually.

Well, to be honest there are bugs. Adding a contact and selecting an existing company still produces a 500 in some cases. Focus items need to be loaded 2 times in order for their builder to work (otherwise, they don’t load the builder). There are some inconveniences, but I’ve figured them out and treat them as minor issues that can be easily overcome with some simple workarounds.

Positive, sure.

Sure. I actually do. Having an on-premise open-source marketing automation platform, that’s the dream! (Barney Stinson)

Best,
D.