Mautic Community Forums

Page Hit not Triggering

I have an automation series that uses the Visits a Page module to add points and a tag when a lead clicks on a link in an email.



The page hit registers on the contact level. However it does not trigger the Visits a Page module or send the lead down the positive path which would add lead points.



I am testing this from a test email address that is in the campaign and I am NOT using the same browser and I am using a proxy to avoid nullification.



If the page hit registers and the URL in the page hit is identical to the URL in the Visits a Page module, and if the Opens Email module placed before the Visits a Page module is triggering and subsequent lead points are being correctly assigned, then what could possible be going wrong?



The lead is correctly moving through the logic until it arrives at the Visits a Page module. The setup is correct since the page hit url being shown on the contacts history has already been entered into the URL section of the Visits a Page module.



The tracking pixels on all of our pages are working correctly and have been double checked. Mautic is being hosted on our servers.



I have tried both an exact match of the URL and a shortened version that ends in * to see if either would work, and neither did.



I see no reason as to why it is not registering. Please advise.

I have an automation series that uses the Visits a Page module to add points and a tag when a lead clicks on a link in an email.

The page hit registers on the contact level. However it does not trigger the Visits a Page module or send the lead down the positive path which would add lead points.

I am testing this from a test email address that is in the campaign and I am NOT using the same browser and I am using a proxy to avoid nullification.

If the page hit registers and the URL in the page hit is identical to the URL in the Visits a Page module, and if the Opens Email module placed before the Visits a Page module is triggering and subsequent lead points are being correctly assigned, then what could possible be going wrong?

The lead is correctly moving through the logic until it arrives at the Visits a Page module. The setup is correct since the page hit url being shown on the contacts history has already been entered into the URL section of the Visits a Page module.

The tracking pixels on all of our pages are working correctly and have been double checked. Mautic is being hosted on our servers.

I have tried both an exact match of the URL and a shortened version that ends in * to see if either would work, and neither did.

I see no reason as to why it is not registering. Please advise.

+1 Same here.

I have the “3rd party website tracking code” from Mautic on the sales page (URL) in question. The Event of the page being hit does indeed register in the Contact’s event History, with the proper URL. But the Action “Visits a page” in the campaign (that same URL in the “Page URL” field) does not perform its duties (Add points, and Change a stage).

In the “Visits a page” action, The fields “Limit to Pages” and Referrer URL are both blank, as I see in the docs that this decision uses an “OR” operation between those fields.

Perhaps the fact that it registers in the Contact’s History is preventing the “Visits a page” action of the Campaign to run? (Race condition?)

Details:

  • Mautic Self-Hosted on AWS EC2…
  • I’m hitting it from a separate computer, separate email box, and the computer has never logged into the Mautic Instance, and I’m using a browser that had never seen the links or this sales page before.
  • The action of “opening the email” is linked to a stage of Weight=10, and that stage applied properly. And the points applied properly.
  • The action of “visits a page” is linked to a stage of Weight=50 (which is greater than 10), and that stage does not get applied to the Contact. Nor do the points of the “Visits a page” action apply properly.
  • I have reviewed and followed the “Campaign Troubleshooting: Visits a page” section of the documentation.

AH… I Got It…
I simply took the last two characters off my URL (the specific page path, and used the {*} (star) character, and that worked. No idea why it didn’t work with the exact url. I even tried with and without the trailing slash. Weird.