Pixel recording a page visited twice instantly when only a singe visit occurred

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.0
My PHP version is: 7.2.31

Your problem
My problem is: I have the mautic tracking pixel on a wp page. I have an action to add 10 points to a contact if they visit an URL on the WP site. When I visit the URL Mautic reports that I visit the url twice and adds double the points. It reports the visit with the exact same time stamp and I can assure you I only visit the page once. It seems the pixel is firing twice. I can do a work around of disallowing the pts to be added twice in the points config. But The deeper issue is why is the pixel reporting double visits.

The URL in question is go.onramp.co.za. I have checked and the pixel only appears once in the page code.

These errors are showing in the log: None

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: Wish I had something to try

Update

In the contact time line, the first reported page visited details show referrer as unknown. I would expect that is because the referrer is an email link.

The second page visits, the same url as what is being visisted is being listed as the URL. ie the according to mautic, the page is it’s own referrer. I belive the issue lies in this but what the issue is, is beyond me.

DO you have any plugins installed in your browser? I have seen browser plugins cause a reload of a page that would result in a double pageview track. Also referring to itself as yours is.

Try hitting the page in an incognito window and make sure there are no plugins running.

Aside from that, I’ve seen sneaky things with GA where two plugins were adding tracking code at the same time which again triggered a double pageview track.

Thanks,

Was already in incognito mode so that rules that out. Could be an extension but I have nothing funny installed which means a recipient could have the same installed causing the same issue.

Thanks for your input. The hunt for the issue continues

Where is the code on the page? Perhaps a reflow is rerunning the script.

Are you using WordPress? I use a header & footer plugin that lets me decide not only header, footer or body placement but also the weight within those regions like MX records do.

Maybe try relocating where the script is in the page.

Good idea - will try that. Its where Mautic recommends - I think before /body.

Thanks