Segments from a web page visit

Hi,

I have been trying to create a campaign where if someone goes to a page on my website they will then be added to a segment. I will then create another campaign which will email that segment after 4 days

My issue is that the campaign does not seem to be picking up the visit and adding them to a segment. I know I have the correct URL etc as I created a Points - Manage Actions and it is awarding points to people who go to this page.

Any suggestions?

Campaign.png

Hi,
I have been trying to create a campaign where if someone goes to a page on my website they will then be added to a segment. I will then create another campaign which will email that segment after 4 days

My issue is that the campaign does not seem to be picking up the visit and adding them to a segment. I know I have the correct URL etc as I created a Points - Manage Actions and it is awarding points to people who go to this page.

Any suggestions?

I’m having a similar issue with web visits not being tracked and recognized in a campaign launcher using the step “visit webpage”. It is configured correctly and the page has the tracking come on it.

The problem may be with how you are testing it. (In particular, are you logged into Mautic at the time).

I’ve found the easiest way to run tests is to test on another device (that is not logged into Mautic) on another domain. One way to do this is to connect your cell phone to mobile data (not your home network) and use this for testing.

Also for emails, you want to create contacts with unique email addresses for each test.

If you have a Gmail account, you can add a suffix to your standard email address. (e.g. johnsmith+mautic-test-1@gmail.com)

I use the date in reverse format and the test number. “+20170712-4”

I made the same experience that in some cases website visits are not recorded. You may want to try “downloads asset” instead - you will have to create a remote asset for that. I do this with emailings and it works fine. I don’t know if it works directly (without a preceding emailing) but I guess it will.

Thank you