Sent segment instead of template

I think I messed up. On my first ever Mautic mailing I created and sent the email as a segment email rather than a template. Of course I can now see all kinds of tracking information including opens and clicks, but, is there any way I can now use that in a campaign?

I’d like to send several other emails as part of this campaign and would like to respond differently based on how they responded (opened or clicked).

Is there any way to use their existing responses or do I just need to send my second email to all of them again; this time as a template email and from within a campaign?

Thanks,

Bob

I think I messed up. On my first ever Mautic mailing I created and sent the email as a segment email rather than a template. Of course I can now see all kinds of tracking information including opens and clicks, but, is there any way I can now use that in a campaign?

I’d like to send several other emails as part of this campaign and would like to respond differently based on how they responded (opened or clicked).

Is there any way to use their existing responses or do I just need to send my second email to all of them again; this time as a template email and from within a campaign?

Thanks,
Bob

Hey Bob. You’re not the first and you won’t be the last, so don’t worry about it.

You can’t track a segment email as part of a campaign, but there’s a couple of ways to tackle this as far as I can see it from what you’ve described.

1.) You can create a campaign with your multiple emails, add the original segment to it and everyone starts fresh from the first email in that campaign. Downside of this is that the ones that got the first email originally will get it again.

2.) Create two new segments based on your original segment - one for those who opened the email and one for those who didn’t. So you’d end up with three segments something like:
Original Segment
Original Segment Read First Email
Original Segment Didn’t Read First Email

For Original Segment Read First Email, the filters would be like this:
Segment Membership including Original Segment
Email Read including First Email

For Original Segment Didn’t Read First Email, the filters would be like this:
Segment Membership including Original Segment
Email Read excluding First Email

You then create a campaign for each segment. It’s a bit longer-winded but it reduces the number of people who will get the first email.

HTH