Submit Form: Check for existing user

Hello,

if someone signs up for the newsletter (tested via a Mautic Form, that is added via HTML code into a WordPress page) with an email address that already exists, the existing userdata is overwritten with the new one from the form.

It would be much better, when it’s not possible to overwrite existing data so simple (by only knowing the email address), but display an error message.

And the much more disappointing thing: Because it’s a german site, we have added a Double Opt-In registration. And every time the user get’s a new email with the confirmation link - even when the user already unsubscribed and is marked as “do not contact”!

In the “next events” area in the user profile it says (translated from german):

Quote:
Send email - event is triggered via
with a warning sign behind it (yellow triangle with exklamation mark) with the hover text "contact has requested to not be emailed."

Especially that the person gets still an email although he is marked as "do not contact" seems to me as a bug. Or is there something that I didn't consider?

Hello,

if someone signs up for the newsletter (tested via a Mautic Form, that is added via HTML code into a WordPress page) with an email address that already exists, the existing userdata is overwritten with the new one from the form.
It would be much better, when it’s not possible to overwrite existing data so simple (by only knowing the email address), but display an error message.

And the much more disappointing thing: Because it’s a german site, we have added a Double Opt-In registration. And every time the user get’s a new email with the confirmation link - even when the user already unsubscribed and is marked as “do not contact”!
In the “next events” area in the user profile it says (translated from german):

with a warning sign behind it (yellow triangle with exklamation mark) with the hover text “contact has requested to not be emailed.”

Especially that the person gets still an email although he is marked as “do not contact” seems to me as a bug. Or is there something that I didn’t consider?

Are you sure the contact receives more than one DOI emails? I am asking because it would be against the Mautic design in principle: one campaign action can only be sent to the user one time. I impemented a DOI process myself and a user who subscribes several times receives the DOI request only the first time he registers.

Hello,

sorry, I have to correct myself: There was not only a trigger mail set in the DOI campaign, but also the command “send email to user” in the section “Components > Forms > [Newsletter Register Form] > Change > Actions”.

But even this Email Send Action shouldn’t be made, when this emil exists and is set to “Do not contact”, I think?

And there are now two things, I don’t understand:

1. Why didn’t I get the DOI check mail twice, because it was also set as trigger email in the DOI campaign?
  2. After disabling the Email Send Action in the form, I only get the DOI check mail once, no matter how often I register, even when not set to “do not contact”. What If the first mail is lost on transfer and I want to register a second time? The DOI check mail with the confirmation link is set as “transactional” in the campaign - as described in the mouseover, the mail should be send every time it is triggered (unlike “marketing” emails).