Trigger Email on adding to list

Hi

Just starting out with Mautic and wondering if I can trigger an email when I add a contact to a list.

Supposing I have a list with 10 contacts and I set up a Drip Email campaign. The campaign begins immediately. But at a later date I add 5 more contacts. Will they automatically start receiving the email campaign.

Thanks

Chris

Hi

Just starting out with Mautic and wondering if I can trigger an email when I add a contact to a list.

Supposing I have a list with 10 contacts and I set up a Drip Email campaign. The campaign begins immediately. But at a later date I add 5 more contacts. Will they automatically start receiving the email campaign.

Thanks
Chris

The best way to do it, from my limited experience, is create a few smart lists. In other words you have you main list of all your contacts, but based on some filter criteria, they are added automatically to a smart list.

For example, when you add a new person to your main list, Mautic checks to see if they should be also be filed to a smart list. This check can be done based on a tag you apply to the new contact, or some other specific criteria. In my case they are filed depending on which country they are from.

Them when they are placed in the smart list, the campaign linked to that smart list will fire for that new contact.

Thanks. I’ll try that. Sounds like exactly what I need.