Unable To Create New Email

It appears as though i’m unable to create a new email. Apologies in advance if the issue is a user error. I have been able to create emails in th epast. However now whenever I attempt to save a new email either via the Channels > Emails Option or attempting to create an email via the “Launch Campaing Builder” options I am redirected to the “What type of email do you want to create?” options pop over.

Any assistance here would be massively appreciated.

Regards

Eze

It appears as though i’m unable to create a new email. Apologies in advance if the issue is a user error. I have been able to create emails in th epast. However now whenever I attempt to save a new email either via the Channels > Emails Option or attempting to create an email via the “Launch Campaing Builder” options I am redirected to the “What type of email do you want to create?” options pop over.

Any assistance here would be massively appreciated.

Regards

Eze

Hey Eze,

You have to choose if you want to create a Template or a Segment email. That choice really depends upon what you want to do with the emails you’re creating.

Template Emails

You’ll generally choose these if you want to do something like initiate an auto-responder sequence when somebody submits their details on a lead generation form. You might also use them for things like initiating a new series of emails when you change somebody to a new campaign, via a sequence in Campaign Builder.

Segment Emails

These are something that you’d generally initiate yourself. Things like bulk emails to existing clients, or maybe if you are prospecting for new business via cold emails. Segment emails would be the right choice for things like that.

Once you make a selection you’ll be able to move on to the next step.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Hey Tony,

Thanks kindly for your response.

The problem I’m having is when I attempt to save any newly created email I am redirected to this page:

Redirected to this page

Video demo attached here:

Video Demo
*Apologies for any ads I couldnt find any other video hosting site that would do it quickly.

The mautic Log shows the following. I’m new to mautic so not entirely sure how or what this is related to.

Any help with this would be greatefully appreciated.

Eze

OK, you’re clicking on the image of the email template, which is actually a thumbnail. What you need to do is click on the select button in order to select the template. Try that, complete the other info and see if it will save them.

Hi Tony,

Were you able to wach the demo video I provided?

Can you let me know at which point this thumbnail is being clicked.
In my demo video there is a point where the save and close button vanishes.

Not sure if this is an actual defect or a configuration error on my part.

Your thoughts?

Regards Eze

Hi All,

Bumping this post as I’m really stuck with this…

Dont want to leave the Mautic family so early but I’ve reinstalled in multiple subdomains with the same error. Such a great software so many good features and this little hiccup is forcing my team member to push us towards Aweber (or Sendgrid) :frowning:

I’ve added the video to best deomstrate my experience. Is anyone else experiencing this.

ive been instaling this via softaculous awitched to PHP 7, i think it is as well hoping this would aid in the process.

Any help please.

Eze

Hey Eze,

I’m guessing that you have this installed on your own hosting. Unfortunately, it looks like you might have some sort of configuration problem on your server. This is something which drove me nuts for many months when I first started using Mautic. There is no reliable guide for getting this right. My suggestion would be to do two things.

1. Post your Mautic error logs here and see if anyone can figure it from those. You can access them by clicking on the gear icon within Mautic, Then navigate to System Info>Log. Any errors will be displayed there.

2. Talk to support with your host. Ask them to look for log errors to help you diagnose the problem. In my experience, it will almost always be some kind of permissions problem causing the sort of issue you are seeing.

Good luck with it. Mautic can be a bitch to use, especially whilst you’re getting your server settings right. Don’t give up too soon.

I am having exactly the same problem, and it’s no configuration error.
It can’t be, because it happened when I first installed Mautic and had done absolutely nothing but configure the email provider. The symptoms are as described above–you click “new” to create an email, select the email type (either type), select a template and work on it for a while, and as soon as you click “Save and Close” or “Apply” you are thrown back to the “select email type” pop up and all your work is simply gone.

When this happened originally, it magically went away as soon as I added my first contact. At that time, I was able to create several test emails and even my own template. Now I’ve got 2,200 contacts uploaded and am ready to actually start using Mautic, and the problem’s back.

Dead in the water. I know it’s open source and can potentially save me a lot of money, but I simply can’t use Mautic if I can’t create any emails.

If you install correctly, the setting issue should works fine.

Try to use softaculous under cPanel to install Mautic, you should fix this issue.

Initially i installed by using ftp server, but experienced many bugs issue. Thus i reinstalled again using softaculous after doing research for a few days for solution.