What happens if a campaign rule is changed

Im curious what will happen if a campaign rule is changed midway. Say for example

• campaign joined
  • wait 10 days then send email X

then i changed it to
  • campaign joined
  • wait 5 days then send email X
  • wait 10 days then send email Y

Would a contact who has NOT trigger the 10 day wait rule still send email X in 10 days, or will it change to rules after the change?

Im curious what will happen if a campaign rule is changed midway. Say for example

• campaign joined
  • wait 10 days then send email X

then i changed it to

• campaign joined
  • wait 5 days then send email X
  • wait 10 days then send email Y

Would a contact who has NOT trigger the 10 day wait rule still send email X in 10 days, or will it change to rules after the change?

I’d love to know this too.

been waiting 2 mths for someone help out on this… ha ha.

Yeah things like this are unclear in Mautic. Just comes down to testing things out yourself to find out…

I had to do that also several times to come to grips to how Mautic works.

If anyone tests this particular case out, please let us know how it worked out for you.

Campaigns queue up all actions against the contact at the time the contact joins the campaign. What is in place when they are added to the campaign is the way it will play out. If you make changes, they will only affect new contacts being added to the campaign after the changes.

To answer the original question:

[quote=17750:@chizuoka@gmail.com]
Would a contact who has NOT trigger the 10 day wait rule still send email X in 10 days, or will it change to rules after the change?[/quote]
The contact in this case has already triggered the 10 day wait and so it will not change.

This post may help: https://accentdm.com/adding-new-emails-existing-mautic-campaign/

Thanks for clearing that up @medianicus